Saints Which would you rather have? (1 Viewer)

Which would you rather have?

• A good Saints team that is in yearly Playoff Contention but not a legit Superbowl Contender?

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • A team that is in rebuild with the hopes of landing young talented players and a young promising QB.

Votes: 31 48.4%

• Total voters

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
Sticky Post
A good Saints team that is a playoff regular but you know is not a Superbowl contender or a team that is in rebuild with the hopes of getting young talented players which include a promising QB and a really good cap situation?

Edit. Good point Soggy Moss. Saints will still have same coaching staff in this scenario. Loomis and Ireland will still be the front office lead.

Last edited:

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I do not believe teams set out to be "superbowl contenders". I believe the term "superbowl contenders" is just something made up by fans and the media.

IMO, teams set out to win their division, then make the playoffs with as high a seed as possible, and they hope they're healthy in January/February. Once they're in the playoffs, it's win this week to play next week. Some teams are better than others of course, but not so much so that they get a pass. Sometimes a better team loses for dumb reasons. Sometimes the better team loses because they don't match up well against the team they're paired with. It's not round-robin. If Baltimore played Houston and KC played Tennessee, it very well could've been Baltimore vs KC in the AFCCG, where Baltimore might have won and went on to play SF in the Superbowl.
Yep. I mean everyone forgets that Kansas City got home field in the last week of the season via the Dolphins beating New England. Had that not happened, things could have gone a lot differently. KC could have lost to a hot Tennessee team in round 1. If they got by that game, they'd have to go to Foxboro directly after playing a physical Titans team, and face a rested Pats team with two weeks to prepare.

Championships are won on a razor's edge. First step is just getting there.

Reaction score
What changes do we need to make to win the Super Bowl? And if we make those changes, are we going to win the Super Bowl?
If we’re keeping Drew u obviously gotta draft OL high n make the strongest commitment to the running game you’ve ever made. I mean irritate MT kinda commitment. Sign a wr n maybe another LB in FA

How can I tell u who’d win the SB? 🤨

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom