Who ARE Rams fans these days? (1 Viewer)

Population of LA metro area: 13 million
Population of NO metro area: 1.2 million

LA Coliseum seating capacity: 93,000
Dome seating capacity: 73,000

Considering the Rams have fielded a good teams 2 years in a row, there's no excuse for not filling that stadium.
If you lived here and understood the logistics of going to a game in downtown Los Angeles versus New Orleans, you'd understand there are some reasons. Let's see what attendance looks like when the new stadium open's in it's more accessible location.

Do you anyone who is actually from LA in relation to the Lakers/Clippers? Cause everyone I know who is an actually basketball fan that is from LA actually has a basketball allegiance and don't just willy nilly switch back and forth. In fact, most of them treat it as a rivalry. I am sure there are fair weather fans, but that happens here too.

Nah, trust me LA fans jump ship all day. Lakers fans? PSH! There aren't no lakers fan no more. Oh yeah.. they are lakers fan now again because of Lebron right? LOL FAKE FRAUDULENT if you ask me. Even when Lakers got taken out by Golden State, all lakers fans jumped on ship of the warriors to take out cavs in the finals.

I hate to say it but Cowboy fans here in LA are more loyal than any LA team fan.

L.A. is Lakers first, then Dodgers, then USC, then UCLA, then Clippers, and maybe then the Rams. The Angels and even the L.A. Galaxy might actually come before them.

If you lived here and understood the logistics of going to a game in downtown Los Angeles versus New Orleans, you'd understand there are some reasons. Let's see what attendance looks like when the new stadium open's in it's more accessible location.
This is why they're fairweather/bandwagon fans. Heaven forbid they face any inconvenience going to the games.

The thing is most true football fans that live in LA are fans of the teams were they grew up or pulled for as kids. If I moved to LA I would still be a Saints fan. I may catch a few games here & there, but wouldn’t rep the gear or cheer that much for them. I would probably go to the games when they played teams I actually liked.

I have no idea why in the world they would put two teams in LA. They will have trouble getting enough fans to root for one of the teams much less two of them. And most fans do not still root for the team that left them high & dry. I know I wouldn’t be pulling for the San Antonio Saints! I could see Chargers fans still pulling for them cause I would still be a Baton Rouge Saints fan if that were the case.

Population of LA metro area: 13 million
Population of NO metro area: 1.2 million

LA Coliseum seating capacity: 93,000
Dome seating capacity: 73,000

Considering the Rams have fielded a good teams 2 years in a row, there's no excuse for not filling that stadium.

Well, there are. The stadium is old, traffic sucks, the Rams just got back to L.A. after a 20 year absence, and there are many other games in town. If we are talking metro area, besides the Rams, you got:
Dodgers
Angels
Ducks
Lakers
Clippers
Kings
Galaxy
There is also UCLA and USC.
Then you add the Chargers for good measure.
There is even a new MLS team.

All true, BUT, if this game were played in New Orleans in a stadium that held 120,000 fans there would be 115,000 Saints fans and 5,000 Rams fans. If this game was played in Los Angeles and the stadium held 120,000 fans there would be 60,000 fans from each team.

This is why they're fairweather/bandwagon fans. Heaven forbid they face any inconvenience going to the games.
The traffic that you have to deal with to go to a Saints game is everyday traffic here in LA, so it's understandable that people would be inclined to skip dealing with that same traffic on their day off.

By your standard, the Saints only have around 73,000 fans, because it's only the fans that go to games that are true fans. By that standard, you think I'm a fairweather/bandwagon fan because I'd rather watch the game on TV.

The traffic that you have to deal with to go to a Saints game is everyday traffic here in LA, so it's understandable that people would be inclined to skip dealing with that same traffic on their day off.
Speaking of traffic, even the game between the Galaxy and the L.A. FC is dubbed "el tráfico" (the traffic), a pun on "el clásico" (the classic), which is the name given to the game between the most storied rivalries in soccer.

Speaking of traffic, even the game between the Galaxy and the L.A. FC is dubbed "el tráfico" (the traffic), a pun on "el clásico" (the classic), which is the name given to the game between the most storied rivalries in soccer.
That's funny and fitting.

All true, BUT, if this game were played in New Orleans in a stadium that held 120,000 fans there would be 115,000 Saints fans and 5,000 Rams fans. If this game was played in Los Angeles and the stadium held 120,000 fans there would be 60,000 fans from each team.

And?

By your standard, the Saints only have around 73,000 fans, because it's only the fans that go to games that are true fans. By that standard, you think I'm a fairweather/bandwagon fan because I'd rather watch the game on TV.
So we've established that LA residents don't want to be bothered with traffic when attending an NFL game. What else keeps them away? Long concession lines? Loud noises?

So we've established that LA residents don't want to be bothered with traffic when attending an NFL game. What else keeps them away? Long concession lines? Loud noises?

You know what? You are better fan and the better man than ALL of them. When I grow up, I want to be just like you.

There are some Rams fans here. However, you are right to ask. Southern California is so heavily populated, with most of that being from somewhere else that those people who have moved here still remain loyal to the teams that represent where they moved from. Like me. Been out here 30 years but still love the Saints. You have a very fragmented NFL fanbase here. You will see a lot of Bear fans. Packers as well. I would venture to say the Raider fans are a plurality. Then you got the Cowboys with a big following too. Just today, I saw someone with an Indianapolis Colts license plate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom