Who 'Dat vs who dey {merged} (1 Viewer)

That page has to be one of the most edited pages around. I laughed one night for a couple of hours watching Saint fans and Cinncy fans change it back and forth.

I thought it was decided that Who Dat goes back to the war of 1812!

Actually, at the re-enactment of the Battle of New Orleans (in Chalmette), there were some people in period dress cheering "Who dat say dey gonna beat Andrew Jackson? Who Dat?!"

Who Dat v. Who Dey

The age old question of which came first will be resolved on the field Sunday. When we win, let them talk all they want about how their came first...we won the game.

The story goes...back in 1495 the famous explorer, Baron Von New Orleans, came in search of a young woman he had seen in National Geographic. He was given directions from the Nuns and Priest at a mission. It was told that he came through the Bayous searching with no luck. He searched and searched until he became lost in the murky swamps of South La. Mad and frustrated he would call out, "I'm gonna beat those Saints who gave me these directions!" Over and over he yelled this. Then like thunder he heard, "Who dat say they gonna beat them Saints? Who Dat? Who Dat?" He was never seen again. To this day you can still hear the chants of "Who Dat?" all the way to what is now known as New Orleans.

1495! Hello that's a long time! So, if you asked me, Cincy is a copy cat!

The story goes...back in 1495 the famous explorer, Baron Von New Orleans, came in search of a young woman he had seen in National Geographic. He was given directions from the Nuns and Priest at a mission. It was told that he came through the Bayous searching with no luck. He searched and searched until he became lost in the murky swamps of South La. Mad and frustrated he would call out, "I'm gonna beat those Saints who gave me these directions!" Over and over he yelled this. Then like thunder he heard, "Who dat say they gonna beat them Saints? Who Dat? Who Dat?" He was never seen again. To this day you can still hear the chants of "Who Dat?" all the way to what is now known as New Orleans.

1495! Hello that's a long time! So, if you asked me, Cincy is a copy cat!

:_rofl: i don't care who ya are, dat's funny right dere!!

In the original thread on the old site, DadsDream posted (with links) about its origin in the old Southern Minstral shows ("Who dat say who dat when I say who dat") and others posted about use in pre-'70s high school games and then college games. I seriously doubt that the Bengals can pre-date that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom