Who would you rather draft... (1 Viewer)

Draft Picks

• Keith Rivers

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Kenny Phillips

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Sedrick Ellis

Votes: 47 49.0%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 12 12.5%

• Total voters
In order...

Kenny Phillips, because we need a FS with his skillset... you look at teams with good defenses, and alot of them have a good safety... I was watching Atari Bigby absolutely pwn the Seahawks... their receivers were scared to catch the ball. We need a safety in our secondary with that kind of impact... Roman harper is better near the LOS.

Sedrick Ellis, because its no secret that we need a DT that can dominate in the middle... the only problem is osome DTs take time to develop... but he has the ability to domimnate games. I doubt he'd be on the 10.

Rivers could be that WILL LB that we've been looking for... he has great speed, and is a sure tackler. It'll be between he and Phillips at 10 if the Saints hold on to that pick... there really isn't another player that's worth it IMO.

Kenny Phillips for much the same reason as Droopy. A ball hawk safety, with coverage speed, could go a long way to turning this defense around.

Phillips is leading as my pick this season. I may change my mind 5 times before the draft.:hihi:

Ellis. It all starts up front. A great safety behind a DL with no pressure, bad LB's, and worse CB's, will be an average safety. It all starts with pressure on the QB.

In order...

Kenny Phillips, because we need a FS with his skillset... you look at teams with good defenses, and alot of them have a good safety... I was watching Atari Bigby absolutely pwn the Seahawks... .

Can someone please tell me what "pwn" means? I guess I am behind times, but I have not idea. I have seen this word several times and cant figure out what it means....

Out of that list, Kenny Phillips would be my first choice.
The kind of player we need, right now, is the Bob Sanders variety. Not neccessarily a safety, or an AP Defensive player of the year, but we need a smart defensive player, who can come here, fit our system, be a leader, and impact us right away. Phillips can do that.
Of course it all will depend on free agency, but I would also love a move for Pro Bowler Ken Hamlin, a Louisiana native, and then we could address the DT need with Ellis, but, as things stand, Laurinatis and Kenny Phillips are IMO the only players right now who we can take at 10 and change our defense.

Keith Rivers: We are letting go Simoneau and demoting Shanle, we have Grant, Smith, Thomas, Clancy and Lake) on DLine and we have KK who will battle with Bullocks for the FS spot, right now the biggest question mark is at linebacker....but we pick in the top 10 in each round, so i'm confident we will get the young players in here to compete and groom.

Ellis, we have athletic safeties but they are trying to do to much. Give more help to our Line and Bullocks and Co. will make better decisions

i'd take ellis, but if i was GM i'd already have filled my needs thru trades/FA :) ... well, all my needs except DT

Improvement on either side of the ball begins at the line. Draft for that need...LBs and safteys can be acquired on the FA market.

Ellis.

Can someone please tell me what "pwn" means? I guess I am behind times, but I have not idea. I have seen this word several times and cant figure out what it means....
pwn is a slang term for own that comes from people typing to fast. pwn has evolved into being better than "own"ing someone. It means totally dominate to the point of being silly, much like those that use the term.

As for which of those players I would pick, they are all decent choices, but I think we need a CB or MLB more so than a Safety or WLB. It is hard to pick just from those 3, but I would likely end up with Ellis if I was restricted to those 3.

Sedrick Ellis, it's not even close in my mind. Lot easier to find safeties deep, deep into the draft then it is to find decent defensive tackles.

Comes down to free agency. If we can grab a good DT in FA, then Phillips should be a no brainer, and vice-versa with Ellis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom