Why are the Saints the only team who doesn't understand how you're supposed to use the black helmet option? (4 Viewers)

When I heard that Nike was going to be doing NFL uniforms I had so much hope. I assumed Nike would be able to produce the color gold. Sadly I was mistaken. Not only were they unable to match the golds, they were somehow worse than Reebok. Nike trotted out the color of sand and called it gold. Then they had the weird toilet seat collars. The color of the pants was so bad that the team opted to not even wear them because they look like khakis.

Nike has tinkered with our uniforms over the years but the golds still don't match. They knocked it out of the park with our color rush unis though. Makes no sense. How can they give us a perfect color rush but mess up the regular uniforms so bad? And the cherry on top is that now they wear the black helmet with the god awful stripe down the middle with the color rush joints.

It's such a shame because our regular color rush uniforms are the best uniform in the league. And that's not just my opinion as a Saints fan. That's just an accepted fact at this point.
Nike uses an almost universal color for “Vegas Gold” throughout their contracted uniforms. It’s unfortunate for us because the Saints didn’t give them any pushback except for their initial launch which forced Nike to darken the gold, albeit slightly. It goes unnoticed to many who aren’t into these things but it’s still a flaw as the color gets washed enough for those of us who still complain.

What’s worse is that we could have the gold pants with a metallic sheen. The Cowboys still use that type of fabric on their sets. For whatever reason we chose not to do the same which gives us the khaki look that nobody likes.

On another note after looking through numerous pro and college teams in various sports, I’ve really settled on UCLA having the best looking gold out there. It shows up well indoors and outdoors and it’s the perfect balance of not being too vintage and mustard like, but as pure and rich a gold you can get.

I’d love for us to adopt that color gold and use it across the current and color rush sets with matching lids. It would negate a lot of the headaches and maybe even fix the black helmet if we were to stripe it properly.

This reminds me of the my cousin vinnie pants scene. If you're losing does anyone care what color your helmet is?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom