Why The Falcons Might Take Dorsey (1 Viewer)

mccombmike

All-Pro
Reaction score
It looks like the Falcons are resigning Harrington, according to this report:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-falcons-harrington&prov=ap&type=lgns

Atlanta already has Chris Redman, and Harrington will probably be their number 2.

Now, neither Redman nor Harrington are great shakes, but this does mean the Falcons have two former NFL starters at QB. Harrington could be an insurance policy so the Birds can pass on Matt Ryan and take Dorsey. Then they would target a QB in a later round.

Would you stand pat with those two? I doubt I would and if you wait too long, the QB you do draft probably won't be any better. PLEASE take Ryan or Brohm.

I think they are going to take one of the QBs with their 2nd round pick. Whether that is Flacco or someone else that falls, I'm not sure. 1st round will be BPA. They have holes everywhere.

i thought maybe lavalais may make them Leary of Dorsey they do need a qb. even if they draft one with their first pick they need another vet

These guys are just stopgaps. If they don't take a guy this year and let him sit for a while, then they push their rebuilding back another entire year.....unless they have far-off future plans to acquire a starter next year through trade/free agency like Derek Anderson or something. But I doubt it.

QB is what they will pick.

They will take Dorsey, they released there best DT last year....

By the way both of those QB's are great backups but thats it

During our MNF game in ATL, I specifically recall Arthur Blank talking with the ESPN crew. He said that they planned on using their first round draft pick on a QB, but that could change. He also said that if they did so, they would not allow said QB to play a down until his second season (ie, ticket to another high draft pick).

They will take Dorsey, they released there best DT last year....

By the way both of those QB's are great backups but thats it

An interesting post. "They will take Dorsey." But both signees are great backups. Backups.

They are after Ryan, trust me, I know his mother.

ddd

They will take Jake Long if he is there at 3 i beleive, and that would help us a lot, because it would make Ellis or Dorsey fall a little farther and within reach of the Saints.
1)Chirs Long
2) Gholston
3) Jake Long
4) McFadden
5) Ryan Clady
6) McKelvin
7) Cromartie or maybe Rivers
8) Matt Ryan
9)Ellis
10) Dorsey

I just think they will take Ryan at 3...they need a face for that sorry franchise.

Usually QB are the one's that are the faces, not DT.

In my heart, I fear that Mylanta will draft Dorsey and wait until the second round to take their QB. None of the QBs in this draft are worth the #3 spot and everyone knows it. Meanwhile, they can probably land Flacco, Chad Henne, or Colt Brennan in the 2nd easy.

"In my heart, I fear that Mylanta will draft Dorsey and wait until the second round to take their QB. None of the QBs in this draft are worth the #3 spot and everyone knows it. "

Everyone knows it?

I didn't know that!

ddd

I bet they take Ryan if the Phins pass on him....

They will take Dorsey and may trade Deangelo Hall to the Browns for Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson because the Browns need a CB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom