Why was NO-SD the only "pink" game this weekend? (1 Viewer)

did they happen to say why we were apparently the only pink game to be played?

i didn't watch last night. was MNF in pink?

Nah, MNF wasn't pink. I don't know why our game was so special.

Wall Street Journal just ran a great article on the Breast Cancer Awareness campaign.
The NFL

Here is a summary:

NFL gives $0 for breast cancer research.
NFL sells a small amount of pink merchandise. Like $2M for a $9B organization.
Entire BCA campaign is PR to make NFL more likeable to females, and try to distract them from domestic violence.

The NFL is not trying to fight breast cancer, it's trying to make females forget that there are a lot of pro football players that beat up women.

But hey, as abusive as football players are, they are still more docile than elected officials.

I still don't quite understand the connection between the NFL and Breast Cancer Awareness, unless it really did begin as a corporate ploy to qualify the NFL as a non-profit...and/or that the men whom are employed by the NFL enjoy women's assets...?

It's another way to rape the public of money. Only about 3% of sales actually go to the Susan Komen foundation and most people don't even think that highly of that foundation.

hi y'all;

as a man who survived "breast" cancer, the whole pink thing is offensive & asinine! nothing but a pr/$ scam & NEVER a single mention that 10%+ of victims that are men! no different than the pay for support, false patriotism of the entire league! "save the boobs", is a great slogan, but does JACK for cancer patients/survivors!

A
not to mention how damn silly they look w/the pink spread all over!

Could it be this was the only "normal" home game for SD this month? Theyre at Oakland next, Color Rush Thursday night vs Den, @ Atlanta, then at Denver to close the month.

I saw so many pink towels on the field that were ripped away from players during the play that became too distracting

I think I'm the only one that doesn't mind the pink. Looks good with our uniform. I definitely support boobs..but, hey, that's just me. :9:

I always feel like this is one of those "touchy" subjects I should steer clear of..but since quite a few have already expressed it here with no objection in response, yeah the pink is lame. I know it started as a good cause, but it's clearly moved well beyond that for most players at this point, it's just a fashion thing now.

Profootballtalk had a post a few days ago commenting on this and suggesting that going forward each team will pick one home game during October that they and their opponent will showcase the pink. I much prefer that to the whole month, but wouldn't mind one bit if it went away entirely as it looks positively awful. I didn't mind it so much when it was only one game, but I didn't like it at all when they switched for the whole month. October sometimes has five weekends, so those years they've made teams wear pink for 5/16 games, practically a third of the season.

I always feel like this is one of those "touchy" subjects I should steer clear of..but since quite a few have already expressed it here with no objection in response, yeah the pink is lame. I know it started as a good cause, but it's clearly moved well beyond that for most players at this point, it's just a fashion thing now.

It has moved into a sort of "fashion thing" but to paint all players who support it with a broad brush is sort of disingenuous. A lot of people have been affected by breast cancer and more broadly cancer in general. While it should be limited to less than an entire quarter of a season, it does help to raise awareness. We are talking about it after all.

I think this year the league is focusing on raising awareness of the fact that Colin Kaepernick doesn't like the police.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom