Will Jason David start the first game of the season?? (1 Viewer)

Davis is not that bad, he had a poor season...but first impressions I guess....I'm hoping Usama starts on one side opposite McKenzie (fingers crossed) but honestly its an open opportunity for both spots as of now...but I think they want David as the nickle, even if he plays well enough to start.

I think David is an opening day starter. I know people don't like to hear that, but it seems the coaching staff feels most of his problems are related to him adjusting to our system. It's not an issue of David not having the talent.

There's also been some speculation that the Saints will play more zone and cover 2 this year, which would fit Jason David's strenghths. I wouldn't write him off...

Seeing as you have 2 starting CBs, I'd say it would be Gay and David. Assuming we don't draft a CB. David, IMO, would beat out Usama Young for the starting job. With a season under his belt in a man-man system, he can only improve.

Once MM comes back he'll drop to nickel.

He should already have started his first game of the season, in the arena league.

Wow ......... it's amazing how many people seem to miss press conferences. There was an interview with loomis on here right after Gay was signed. Some kind member posted a link. Loomis talked about how the team has confidence in David, (certain things not said.....why do you think the team let go of the secondary coach and not david???) and how Gay was at his best playing vs slot receivers. I would take that as to say David has a good chance to start and Gay has a good chance to play the third spot.

If you are looking for Gay or a rookie to start then we are in trouble. Our best chance would be for David to round into form or forr the team to pick up another veteran.

Well, David and Gay's contracts combined go for roughly 8-9 million a year, almost the same as Clements. Maybe we could combine the two players and have a superstar at a superstar price. Seriously though, we can't afford to cut either. Adequate S play and constant pressure from the front seven help the guys weve made our bed with at CB. Since it is too costly to go out and get someone like Clements or Samuels, and since having them on the team doesn't make us better without a very good front seven-- see SF and Denver if you don't believe me-- it would behoove us to get a great front seven in place for when we do come across a great corner.

Well, David and Gay's contracts combined go for roughly 8-9 million a year, almost the same as Clements. Maybe we could combine the two players and have a superstar at a superstar price. Seriously though, we can't afford to cut either. Adequate S play and constant pressure from the front seven help the guys weve made our bed with at CB. Since it is too costly to go out and get someone like Clements or Samuels, and since having them on the team doesn't make us better without a very good front seven-- see SF and Denver if you don't believe me-- it would behoove us to get a great front seven in place for when we do come across a great corner.

To further your point........who were the Saints Corners while the d spent most of 2000 at #1?

Mathis,
Molden,
Weary.

D line however,
Johnson
Howard,
Glover
Hand.

you guys should calm down a bit.... you now for the start of the season we havent that much opportunities. mckenzie on PuP , craft and thomas washed up , gay in a new system and young unproven .... no you have to choice two starters out of them. the most obvious is , that david is our day one starter. by the way , i highly doubt a corner at top ten .... our FO seem to value them the lowest in round one , paired with LB .... dont be ****** , when we pick OT again

As of right now I say McKenzie and David are starting day corners with Gay as the nickel back. That's assuming we don't go CB early in the draft.

As of right now I say McKenzie and David are starting day corners with Gay as the nickel back. That's assuming we don't go CB early in the draft.

most of you in here are in denial. MM will be out for at least the first 6 games(PUP) and when he comes back from that he wont go directly in there. I don't care what ML says about him being ahead of schedule he won't play the first half of the season. David WILL be a starter on day one, and honestly we really dont know how good this guy is. Yeah you can say he was roasted but if Bullocks played behind Champ Bailey he would get roasted too. The guy jumps the short routes "trusting" help over the top, but when our {edit} safety jumps the fullback running into the flat, well David looks bad. Had Bullocks played his position(last line of defense"FS") maybe we would be saying the David is our best CB with prolly 10 picks. But thats a big "IF", so lets no go there. Again we rreally don't know how good or bad this guy is. It's an unfair assessment with JB at FS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom