Will The Fans Come back after Covid? (1 Viewer)

You have something more to say, say it brother.

I'm entitled to my opinion as are you. This thread asked for our opinion on the issue of whether or not fans will quickly return to NFL stadiums in numbers. I expressed my doubt. What did you express?
Late to this fight, but last time I said Anesthesiology Residency on this forum it didn't go well đź‘Ť

The nfl is not normal to me. Lol.

I don't know what that means but OK.

People will come back in droves to ANYTHING that gets back to their version of normal. It doesn't really matter if that's furry sex parties or the local pub or NFL games.

We are getting some serious cabin fever in my house.

People who want to wear an umbrella on their face that only stops half the rain, and then pat themselves on the back for their 'virtue signaling' will bow to whatever the tv doom voice tells them, but fans will come back...

Once the Superdome is open for full capacity, fear of covid will not be the determining factor for Saints fans attendance. It will be Saints performance on the field.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one (kinda) as I still don't see how your response in any way answers the question that dvdman asks.
You latched on to a particular response after I made other responses. We can keep it moving, it ain't that serious.

If the vaccine is so effective, why do some people who are vaccinated insist on others being vaccinated. If the vaccine is effective it really should not matter if another person has it or not, you would still be safe. Some of my family is vaccinated and some are not. Right now I am not because of a Surgery that I needed and didn't want to take a chance of some of the possible side effects. I know first hand that the side effects can be real. One of our family members went to the emergency room twice because of how it effected her blood pressure. I have tried to explain that to some people who keep trying to pressure us into getting vaccinated and think we are crazy for wanting to give it some time. If you are concerned about covid and got the vaccine it shouldn't matter if the person sitting next to you at a ballgame has it or not. That is unless you are worried that the vaccine is not effective, and if that's the case then you shouldn't try and push an ineffective vaccine on someone else.

I'm not trying to come across as pro or anti vaccine in this post, but now with the data we have and are getting every day, we should be able to make choices as adults who live in a "free" country. I get shutting things down when there are a bunch of unknowns and living with certain precautions but I also get that people need to get back to living and not make decisions solely based on fear.

I think the dome should have been opened to a much higher limited capacity for some of last season and given the current state of things that it should be opened even more if not fully opened. Obviously that could change if things get worse according to the data and not fear, money, or political reasons.

Hello yeah I'm going to the falcons game since I live in georgia

I'm on the side of they will return but slowly because of the mutating variants of the virus and that segment of our population that refuses to be vaccinated.

Herd immunity is a myth in the U.S. because we are so divided and the division grows daily.
Thank you.

If the vaccine is so effective, why do some people who are vaccinated insist on others being vaccinated. If the vaccine is effective it really should not matter if another person has it or not, you would still be safe.
I believe that the answer is... the longer the virus is "out there", the greater the opportunity is for it to mutate and, hopefully not, it then mutates to one that the existing vaccines are unable to combat it. That would totally suck.

The sooner all of us get vaccinated, the better off we will all be in putting this behind us.

Hahahaha..okay.
The Dodgers already have set up vaccinated sections in the stands where you won't have to socially distance, etc. for the game against the Padres coming up. I could see this happening more and more if enough people keep refusing to get vaccinated.

The Dodgers already have set up vaccinated sections in the stands where you won't have to socially distance, etc. for the game against the Padres coming up. I could see this happening more and more if enough people keep refusing to get vaccinated.
It's not a refusal but more of why when you're perfectly fine.

The more people keep insisting and demanding that others do something, the more people are going to refuse to do what they keep insisting they should do. That's just the way it is. I'm not voting either way, just pointing out how it is.
Demanding, shaming, insulting, and "canceling" are not the best ways to get people to see the light you are trying to shine. Too bad it seems to be the most common method used these days. About everything!

The more people keep insisting and demanding that others do something, the more people are going to refuse to do what they keep insisting they should do. That's just the way it is. I'm not voting either way, just pointing out how it is.
Demanding, shaming, insulting, and "canceling" are not the best ways to get people to see the light you are trying to shine. Too bad it seems to be the most common method used these days. About everything!
It's better to get the vaccine and just be quiet about it. That's what I have done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom