Wishlist for 11th pick ( pre combine ) (1 Viewer)

Without accounting for free agents my top 10 board would be:

1 Myles Garrett
2 Marshon Lattimore
3 Jonathan Allen
4 Reuben Foster
5 Malik Hooker
6 Jamal Adams
7 Derek Barnett
8 Taco Charlton
9 Sidney Jones
10 Zach Cunningham

1a. Malik Hooker S
1b. Takkarist McKinley PASS RUSHER
1c. Reuben Foster LB

I believe McKinley is expected to have shoulder surgery after the combine. Could end up missing some crucial time early in development like Shaq Lawson this last year. Also could drive him into round 2 with the deep class of edge rushers he's in.

My early round 1 and 2 wish list: Derrick Barnett, Taco Chalrton, Malik Hooker, Adoree Jackson, Christian McCaffrey, Patrick Mahomes, Curtis Samuel, DeShaun Watson

Read a few profiles on Solomon Thomas. He keeps getting compared to Aaron Donald. Last year we drafted Rankins who was also getting compared to Donald. Two Aaron Donalds? How would you line them up?
Holy crap, sign me up if that's the case. Especially with Fairley potentially leaving in FA. We may need to replace that production.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Holy crap, sign me up if that's the case. Especially with Fairley potentially leaving in FA. We may need to replace that production.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I wonder how much confidence the front office has in Tyler Davidson. I have a feeling it's pretty strong which makes the Fairley decision easier if his price get's jacked-up in the open market.

Trade Ingram to Jets, move up in the first, draft Fournette.

Fournette like Elliot, is an instant difference maker. The draft is deep this year on defense. Use 2nd and beyond for as many defensive players needed to bolster a defense that will already be dramatically improved with the returning injured players and experience of the guys that filled in this year.

The defense in '17, is going to be similar to the defense the Saints had in '09.

JMO

Trade Ingram to Jets, move up in the first, draft Fournette.

Fournette like Elliot, is an instant difference maker. The draft is deep this year on defense. Use 2nd and beyond for as many defensive players needed to bolster a defense that will already be dramatically improved with the returning injured players and experience of the guys that filled in this year.

The defense in '17, is going to be similar to the defense the Saints had in '09.

JMO

The only difference is that Elliot ran behind a very young offensive line in Dallas made up of first round draft choices across the board so I highly doubt that Fournette would be an "instant" difference maker with the Saints!!

You guys need to stop with the trade Ingram draft Fournette crap!!...........:angryrazz:

That's just dumb on every level!!:jpshakehead:

The only difference is that Elliot ran behind a very young offensive line in Dallas made up of first round draft choices across the board so I highly doubt that Fournette would be an "instant" difference maker with the Saints!!

You guys need to stop with the trade Ingram draft Fournette crap!!...........:angryrazz:

That's just dumb on every level!!:jpshakehead:

And your opinion. like mine, makes your opinion valid on what account?

Maybe Elliot made the Cowboys OLine better, because of his skills. Maybe Brees and Brady have made WR's look better because of their skills. It all goes hand in hand. It is a team sport, last time I looked. But your opinion is worth .02. Thanks!

And your opinion. like mine, makes your opinion valid on what account?

Maybe Elliot made the Cowboys OLine better, because of his skills. Maybe Brees and Brady have made WR's look better because of their skills. It all goes hand in hand. It is a team sport, last time I looked. But your opinion is worth .02. Thanks!

I don't understand this line of thinking. Do you truly believe we need fournette over the other options that are available. Not to mention you need two parties to make a trade. Why in Christs name would the Jets trade for ingram while they can get fournette, they are a young team and aren't on the cusp of anything. It just seems really silly to even entertain such talks.

That said I hope we get McAffrey somehow :hihi:

I am very skeptical of Alabama players, because Nick Saban tends to run his players into the ground. So, needless to say, I think that Foster's combine physical exams are going to drop his draft stock.

Throughout his time in Tuscaloosa he has had issues with his shoulders and concussions. Also, if you go back and watch the National Championship rematch against Clemson, Foster is walking with a noticeable limp the entire game. That would be an undisclosed injury and God only knows how many of those he has had over his college career.

Im not down on Bama backers as there have been many good-to-great ones over the years from Derrick Thomas to Dameco Ryans, to Cj Moseley.

I do think that Ryan Anderson is better for this team than Foster, However, because he is the better pass rusher. He reminds me of James Harrison and can play inside or outside in a 3-4.

If I had to pick two players that I would feel comfortable staring at 3-4 linebacker today It would be Anderson and Hedrickson, followed closely by Bowser and Takkarist McKinnley.

Im not quite sure yet if Ejuan Price is well-suited for the 3-4 yet but I like him for the 4-3 at end.

1. Foster
2. Lattimore
5. Barnett
5. Charlton
5. MIKE WILLIAMS

Foster and Lattimore won't make it past us,

I prefer Barnett simply because that position is a need and he has had steady play his career. I like those instead of a one year beast. sorta like signing a guy who had a pedestrian career but an awesome contract year. I would love to have Fournette on this team but I don't want to trade up to get him or anyone else not named Myles Garrett.

1. Foster
2. Lattimore
5. Barnett
5. Charlton
5. MIKE WILLIAMS

Foster and Lattimore won't make it past us,

I'm not even sure lattimore makes it to saints. A lot of scouts and draft experts have him as 2nd or 3rd prospect in draft. Foster has a better chance.

On a different note, if the Saints dont switch to a 3-4 to utilize Stephon Anthony better it might be wise to use him to acquire more picks in the mid rounds.

He could likely fetch a 3rd like Kenny Stills to the right 3-4 unit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom