With Jamal Brown not playin will it hurt us???? (1 Viewer)

Zach has a finger and is questionable also. I think the line will be ok this week. Overall the Saints don't look bad on injuries compared to lets say the Colts or Pats. (Colts have the whole team questionable almost)

http://www.nfl.com/injuries

That's not legitimate. Bill Belicheck got in trouble with the NFL one time for not fully disclosing his teams injuries. Since that time Belicheck has taken to the practice of listing most of his starting lineup as "questionable". Consquently, every team that plays the Patriots tends to do the same thing.

I'm oddly excited at the prospect of seeing Zach Strief in a game. Harper, Evans, that one kid from Hofstra... I want to see who else the SAINTS got as part of this years' draft bounty. Anyone else thinking Strief might be surprisingly capable @ LT?

Not me.

Colston, Harper, and Evans all played exceptionally well in preseason, good enough to steal jobs from capable veterans. Strief did not. This tells me enough about Strief's relatively playinh ability.

Ya gotta give the kid a chance. It's not like he didn't play well enough to steal a position in the preseason, in fact I read and heard nothing but good things about him. He has been inactive all season for whatever reason and thats the only reason that I know of why he hasn't recieved any playing time. The guy is a MONSTER as far as size we just have to see how the coaches have effected his footwork.

Not me.

Colston, Harper, and Evans all played exceptionally well in preseason, good enough to steal jobs from capable veterans. Strief did not. This tells me enough about Strief's relatively playinh ability.

I thought Strief was intended to play RT. Him playing LT scares me.

Uhh... one comment that I haven't seen is that the Saints' offensive line coach has done one bang-up job with the talent he's had to work with.

Coaching is a big factor on the offensive line. You develop a scheme to work with players' strengths (and minimize the liability of their weaknesses).

We heard doomsday disaster on how horrible the Saints' OL would be this year. Yet, despite playing against many formidable foes, Brees is still healthy and our offense has been a threat each week. You have to admit that our OL is one of the "pleasant surprises" this year.

Bottom line: We'll see how effective Strief will be. Somehow, I believe he'll get the job done (overall).

That's not legitimate. Bill Belicheck got in trouble with the NFL one time for not fully disclosing his teams injuries. Since that time Belicheck has taken to the practice of listing most of his starting lineup as "questionable". Consquently, every team that plays the Patriots tends to do the same thing.

Yeah Tom Brady has been listed as Probable (shoulder) every week for like three years.

Not me.

He was competing againist Jammal Brown and Jon Stichcomb. I'd say the likelyhood of him starting over ether of them was very slim.

Looks like the TE's won't get many balls this week, they'll be too busy blocking

I hope he translates that fine Northwestern University education into some intelligent play. Actually, I hope that Brown plays the whole game. :D

Running the ball straight up the gut is how you beat the Bucs anyway...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom