Woman killed on her wedding day by drunk driver (3 Viewers)

When my Orlando-based uncle was still with us, he would often relate the story of coming to my Saturday morning buddy basketball games at Gernon Brown- remarking that every dad would come in with playmate ice chests filled with beer
Obviously it’s better’ now but nowhere close to good
Views on drinking/driving have changed over the years but it still happens plenty. I generally don't drink at public places. I let my wife have a margarita or something like that when we're at dinner and I do the driving. Once I get home and in for the night that's my turn. It's just not worth the gamble and it's a gamble with someone's life other than, but including, our own.

Views on drinking/driving have changed over the years but it still happens plenty. I generally don't drink at public places. I let my wife have a margarita or something like that when we're at dinner and I do the driving. Once I get home and in for the night that's my turn. It's just not worth the gamble and it's a gamble with someone's life other than, but including, our own.
Indeed. Need more people thinking like this.

Indeed. Need more people thinking like this.

I think my sons and their friends benefitted greatly from Uber....there are no excuses any longer, it's not that expensive and certainly worth the cost to avoid a potentially life changing incident....

I think my sons and their friends benefitted greatly from Uber....there are no excuses any longer, it's not that expensive and certainly worth the cost to avoid a potentially life changing incident....
And depending on where you are, there are some free services to get you home if you're drunk. But yeah, there are options not readily available 20+ years ago.

An Uber ride is much less expensive than a DWI. You can probably get several hundred of them for less than a 1st offense.

And that’s a notion that makes all kind of sense at 9pm - the goal is for it to also make sense at 2am
This is what I've told my oldest son who's 20 but let's not kid ourselves....he drinks with his roommates or buddies. I told him it's extremely easy to get late at night, be drunk, hungry, and someone wants food. I give him a pro tip out of my playbook. If I'm anywhere but at home and drinking I get a 6" subway to toss in the fridge or cooler.

This is what I've told my oldest son who's 20 but let's not kid ourselves....he drinks with his roommates or buddies. I told him it's extremely easy to get late at night, be drunk, hungry, and someone wants food. I give him a pro tip out of my playbook. If I'm anywhere but at home and drinking I get a 6" subway to toss in the fridge or cooler.
Prior planning prevents poor performance.

The husband of a bride who was killed in a South Carolina beach road crash on their wedding night last year will receive nearly a million dollars in a financial settlement connected to the wreck, which a drunk driver allegedly caused.

The Post and Courier reported that Aric Hutchinson will receive about $863,300 from Folly Beach, South Carolina, bars the Drop In Bar & Deli, the Crab Shack and Snapper Jacks; Progressive auto insurance; and Enterprise Rent-A-Car, according to a settlement approved earlier this week by the Charleston county circuit court judge Roger Young.

Hutchinson sued the businesses after driver Jamie Lee Komoroski crashed a rented car into a golf cart carrying him and his new bride, 34-year-old Samantha Miller, away from their wedding reception on 28 April 2023.

The golf cart was thrown 100 yards (91.44 meters). Miller died at the scene, still wearing her wedding dress. Hutchinson survived with a brain injury and multiple broken bones. Komoroski was driving 65mph (104.6km/h) on a 25mph road, the newspaper reported.…….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom