Woman killed on her wedding day by drunk driver (2 Viewers)

I get it, but drunk driving isn't going away. It's risky. So is riding a motorcycle. You can be as safe as you want, but you can't control what the other guy is doing, and if there's an accident there's not much in the way to protect you. I suppose at least most motorcycle riders wear helmets though.

Totally agree on the motorcycle, at high speeds it doesn't matter how good you are on a bike, it just takes one car/truck not to see you and that is it.....

A lot of people ride around on golf carts where we live. We don't - seems foolish, there's a lot of cars and trucks around.

But in a small beach community with narrow streets and very few opportunities for cars to be making any real speed, I'd be more comfortable with it, especially if it means that you can get go places and park (whereas cars often cannot).
I think peeps are having a hard time picturing it.

Just outside my hometown there's a golf club that grew into a residential area; people habitually ride golf carts and bikes on the streets. Cozumel used to be all mopeds and golf cars back in the day, with very few cars and buses driving around.

The devastated husband of a bride who was struck and killed by an alleged drunk driver on their wedding night has broken his silence to reveal how the best day of his life suddenly turned into the worst.

Aric Hutchinson told ABC’s Good Morning America that he is still struggling to “wrap my head around” what happened as he became widowed just hours after marrying the love of his life Samantha Miller.

“I’m still trying to wrap my head around it. That night, going from an all-time high to an all-time low, it’s pretty rough to comprehend,” he said.

On 28 April, Mr Hutchinson, 36, and Miller, 34, got married in a wedding ceremony at Folly Beach, South Carolina, surrounded by their families and friends.

That night, they were travelling with two others on a golf cart, heading back to their Airbnb when horror struck……..

Choking back tears, Mr Hutchinson told GMA that he doesn’t remember the crash but can’t forget his new wife’s final words.

“The do remember the last thing I remember her saying is she wanted the night to never end,” he said.

He said “I wish I did” recall the crash itself but just remembers waking up in hospital.

“I remember waking up foggy and out of sorts and you could see my Mom’s face and you could tell that something was wrong,” he said.

“I asked her ‘where’s Sam?’ and then that’s when she told me ‘there’s an incident and that Sam didn’t make it.’”

He described how happy Miller and him had been just moments earlier as they celebrated their nuptials.

“She was so happy. I mean, planning a wedding, as most people know, is extremely stressful. And she just had a weird, like, calmness that night,” he said…….

Similar tragedy
===========
A honeymoon turned tragic when a newlywed husband drowned while snorkelling in Hawaii — and thieves robbed the couple’s rental car as bystanders attempted to save him.

Steven and Brittany Phan tied the knot in a ceremony on 20 May in Mexico before setting off to the paradisiac Hawaiian island of Oahu to celebrate their first trip as a married couple, KITV4 reports. But in a matter of hours, their blissful trip took a heartbreaking turn.

The California honeymooners had been snorkelling right off the shore of Electra Beach on 1 June when Phan vanished under the water. Beachgoers frantically searched for him until a spear diver pulled his body from the ocean and bystanders began to perform CPR on him.

Amid the panic, a group of thieves stole all of the Phans’ belongings, including their rental car, cellphones, wallets and clothes. Emergency responders who arrived at the scene took over efforts to resuscitate Phan but he ultimately died at a hospital.

“That’s just unreal, you question that person as a human being,” spear fisherman Shin Tamashiro told KITV4. “Some people don’t have the decency, the integrity, just the morals.”……

Similar tragedy
===========
A honeymoon turned tragic when a newlywed husband drowned while snorkelling in Hawaii — and thieves robbed the couple’s rental car as bystanders attempted to save him.

Steven and Brittany Phan tied the knot in a ceremony on 20 May in Mexico before setting off to the paradisiac Hawaiian island of Oahu to celebrate their first trip as a married couple, KITV4 reports. But in a matter of hours, their blissful trip took a heartbreaking turn.

The California honeymooners had been snorkelling right off the shore of Electra Beach on 1 June when Phan vanished under the water. Beachgoers frantically searched for him until a spear diver pulled his body from the ocean and bystanders began to perform CPR on him.

Amid the panic, a group of thieves stole all of the Phans’ belongings, including their rental car, cellphones, wallets and clothes. Emergency responders who arrived at the scene took over efforts to resuscitate Phan but he ultimately died at a hospital.

“That’s just unreal, you question that person as a human being,” spear fisherman Shin Tamashiro told KITV4. “Some people don’t have the decency, the integrity, just the morals.”……

There was a woman I had danced with who had recently given birth to their first baby (they hadn’t been married very long)
Both families met at a lake to celebrate the new baby
When the grandparents were leaving, she and the baby got out of the water to say goodbye and he stayed to get a last swim in
When she came back, no husband
Seemingly some stroke or heart attack
That story always haunts me

There was a woman I had danced with who had recently given birth to their first baby (they hadn’t been married very long)
Both families met at a lake to celebrate the new baby
When the grandparents were leaving, she and the baby got out of the water to say goodbye and he stayed to get a last swim in
When she came back, no husband
Seemingly some stroke or heart attack
That story always haunts me
Reminds me of this story about one of the bodies found at receding Lake Mead ...

The devastated husband of a bride who was struck and killed by an alleged drunk driver on their wedding night has broken his silence to reveal how the best day of his life suddenly turned into the worst.

Aric Hutchinson told ABC’s Good Morning America that he is still struggling to “wrap my head around” what happened as he became widowed just hours after marrying the love of his life Samantha Miller.

“I’m still trying to wrap my head around it. That night, going from an all-time high to an all-time low, it’s pretty rough to comprehend,” he said.

On 28 April, Mr Hutchinson, 36, and Miller, 34, got married in a wedding ceremony at Folly Beach, South Carolina, surrounded by their families and friends.

That night, they were travelling with two others on a golf cart, heading back to their Airbnb when horror struck……..

Choking back tears, Mr Hutchinson told GMA that he doesn’t remember the crash but can’t forget his new wife’s final words.

“The do remember the last thing I remember her saying is she wanted the night to never end,” he said.

He said “I wish I did” recall the crash itself but just remembers waking up in hospital.

“I remember waking up foggy and out of sorts and you could see my Mom’s face and you could tell that something was wrong,” he said.

“I asked her ‘where’s Sam?’ and then that’s when she told me ‘there’s an incident and that Sam didn’t make it.’”

He described how happy Miller and him had been just moments earlier as they celebrated their nuptials.

“She was so happy. I mean, planning a wedding, as most people know, is extremely stressful. And she just had a weird, like, calmness that night,” he said…….

I hope he owns all those businesses when he is done. And that woman deserves a death penalty. No amount of money can fix what he lost.

Another tragedy
============
A wedding in Nebraska turned to tragedy after the groom collapsed during the ceremony and later died in hospital.

Dressed in a vibrant red dress and surrounded by loved ones, Johnnie Mae Dennis exchanged vows with her 48-year-old fiancé Toraze Davis, at their wedding in Omaha on 19 June.

But the couple’s marital bliss was cut short when Mr Davis suffered a medical emergency as he prepared to take pictures with his bride, WSOC reported.

Davis was rushed to hospital where doctors determined he had suffered a blood clot. He later died.……

Another tragedy
============
A wedding in Nebraska turned to tragedy after the groom collapsed during the ceremony and later died in hospital.

Dressed in a vibrant red dress and surrounded by loved ones, Johnnie Mae Dennis exchanged vows with her 48-year-old fiancé Toraze Davis, at their wedding in Omaha on 19 June.

But the couple’s marital bliss was cut short when Mr Davis suffered a medical emergency as he prepared to take pictures with his bride, WSOC reported.

Davis was rushed to hospital where doctors determined he had suffered a blood clot. He later died.……

Damn…

my understanding is that the wedding is good and all but it's just a ceremony. it's not official and legal until the marriage certificate is signed, which I believe happens during the reception

If that's true, what happens in this case regarding insurance, beneficiaries etc. if legally she wasn't officially his wife yet?

Last edited:
my understanding is that the wedding is good and all but it's just a ceremony. it's not official and legal until the marriage certificate is signed, which I believe happens during the reception

If that's true, what happens in this case regarding insurance, beneficiaries etc. if legally she wasn't official his wife yet?
Good question. I don't even remember when I signed mine. I guess it was at the reception. If they both hadn't signed yet, I wonder if the signatures of the officiant and the witnesses would suffice to make it legal in such an odd situation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom