would Bush be better used as a WR like Steve Smith (1 Viewer)

IMO I am not saying make him a reciever but did yall see the routes this guy ran in college? He was a runningback but he runs routes like a wideout. He ran outs, crossing patterns and the post. What I would like to see is him running some of the deeper routes which he is more than capable of doing and is very successfull doing. Maybe they are and I just don't see it. I know I have not seen a deep pass to him.

IMO I am not saying make him a reciever but did yall see the routes this guy ran in college? He was a runningback but he runs routes like a wideout. He ran outs, crossing patterns and the post. What I would like to see is him running some of the deeper routes which he is more than capable of doing and is very successfull doing. Maybe they are and I just don't see it. I know I have not seen a deep pass to him.

He got one vs carolina. More importantly....watch for him to run deep routes. He does that, but he is lucky if he gets double coverage, single coverage isn't happening. But it still comes down to QB protection. And Bush is one of the better backs on the team at protecting brees (next only to Karney) that wasn't an issue at USC.

Dunno about ya'll but im gonna give Reggie his Props for Changing "HIS STYLE" of football and quickly picking up "NFL STYLE" football with a lil Bush spin to it, He's gonna perfect that running style and we are gonna have yet "ANOTHER" Elite Player on this team, Right now Reggie i'd rate Moderate/Average but he's in a class of his own since Defenses look away from our other recievers to see if he'll get the ball, i like the fact that now Not only is he acknowleging he's Diversion Bait, but he's also becoming a force on this team.

Dunno about ya'll but im gonna give Reggie his Props for Changing "HIS STYLE" of football and quickly picking up "NFL STYLE" football with a lil Bush spin to it, He's gonna perfect that running style and we are gonna have yet "ANOTHER" Elite Player on this team, Right now Reggie i'd rate Moderate/Average but he's in a class of his own since Defenses look away from our other recievers to see if he'll get the ball, i like the fact that now Not only is he acknowleging he's Diversion Bait, but he's also becoming a force on this team.

kudos. good post.

Also to the one who started the thread.

How many touches does Steve Smith have a game? 5 on average, 9-10 at best? That's when he is on the field most of the snaps. Wouldn't that be limiting Reggies touches? It's not like a coach can point at a player and say.....go be steve smith today. Or payton could just point out henderson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom