Would you be shocked if Ginn doesn't make the 53? (1 Viewer)

wnelson

Who Dat Nation
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think our young receiver corps is insanely talented. Do you think Ginn is in the mix or on the outside looking in?

I think he'll make it because of his veteran presence. Payton respects the need for that and as much as we all love MT he's really still a young guy himself.

In no alternate reality is Ginn in danger of not making the 53 man roster. Barring an injury, he's in and starting. It's not even close to a "maybe".

Payton always like to keep a vet in almost every position group. I doubt he is cut, but I think All-Pro Blocker Coleman won't be brought back. lol

Zero percent chance he's cut.

I don't think our WRs are that deep really. They could be, but it's unproven. Meredith hasn't practiced in a week and Smith is a rookie. We don't really have a 5th just a bunch of guys. Ginn is the fastest player on the team, reliable and is usually healthy. Lock of the century.

He's still our best speed guy on deep routes, he'll be there...

I would have said exactly this a month ago but the UCF rook is really making the case for that role. Kirkwood, tll, Cameron, Mike, and maybe Floyd are not making it easy either.

I think we're judging a bit much from the first preseason game's stat lines. Ginn will be a big part of the team this year, and of course so will Smith.

I'm judging from camp mostly. I don't put too much stock in the preseason production stats.

I'm judging from camp mostly. I don't put too much stock in the preseason production stats.

Neither do I. Remember last year when Ginn dropped a few in the opening preseason loss to the Browns, including one in the end zone? He ends up being a key cog in our deep game, and the Browns end up going 0-16.

Meredith is on a pitch count and he's the next experienced receiver outside of Ginn (and Thomas) so I would be shocked if he does not make the team, with players ascending like Smith and Kirkwood we have some young talent but we aren't trying to start the season depending on players with 0 NFL Experience

I would have said exactly this a month ago but the UCF rook is really making the case for that role. Kirkwood, tll, Cameron, Mike, and maybe Floyd are not making it easy either.

I don't agree. Ginn is a proven commodity. Remember his TD in the playoffs? He blows the top off defenses. Smith isn't near as fast.

Kirkwood may make the practice squad. He's not in Ginn's league or even close. Floyd has done nothing so far and what has TLL done in three years compared to Ginn's one that makes you think he could replace him? It's totally easy really.

Ginn is the best deep threat on the team since Devery and that includes Meachem - Ginn's better. He's totally safe and primed for a big year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom