Would you do this deal? MT trade.. (2 Viewers)

Would've done it for Burrow. Lawrence doesn't give me that feeling, for whatever reason.
Yeah, I know what you mean. A guy that has proven it for 2.5 years is definitely not a QB I would consider an equal to a one year success story. Winning a NC as a true Freshmen on an undefeated team and all? Yeah, I agree. 😉

Aside from the obvious comparison of Lawrence and Burrow, I would not trade MT for the 1st pick in the draft, PERIOD!!

Yeah, I know what you mean. A guy that has proven it for 2.5 years is definitely not a QB I would consider an equal to a one year success story. Winning a NC as a true Freshmen on an undefeated team and all? Yeah, I agree. 😉
Good for you, but for whatever reason, when it comes to Lawrence and the NFL, I am just not feeling it.

I would not trade MT for the 1st pick in the draft, PERIOD!!
Ok.

The Trevor Lawrence hate on this board is mind bending. How can you look at this dude and think he's gonna blow it in the NFL. Especially when there are some hyping up some actual bums in the making as being better QBs. It really just doesn't make much sense.
Joe burrow couldn’t hope to hold Trevor’s jock. It’s mind boggling.

I have no clue. It is HIGHLY likely he will be a top QB for the next 15 years in the league.

haters gonna hate. Anyone not named Joe Burrow just is not good enough for them
So true. Joe can’t hold a candle to Trevor or Justin Herbert. The homerism here is unreal.

Draft reports I've seen list him at 6'0 208. We'll see once the combine numbers are released

Wow, he looks and plays so much bigger than 6'. I was thinking 6'2-6'3. They also have him in the 4.5 range. I'll be surprised if he clocks in more than the low 4.4's.

for #1. Draft Trevor Lawrence. (I must admit I'm not as high on him as most.) then..
Draft Ja'marr Chase with the 32nd pick (or move up to get him). He is built in the MT mold. Big Strong. Good work ethic.

or wait until the bottom of round 1 to get someone like Kyle Trask or Mac Jones but still trade up for Ja'marr.
are you a real saints fan or not ,no one in their right mind would think of doing that. you don't know how hes going tobe in the pros, you know what you have ,and don't know what you are going to get.

It would be a stupid trade for everyone involved.

First of all no team with the first pick in the draft is going to give up that pick for Michael Thomas.

Second Lawrence is an UNPROVEN rookie and much like Joe Burrow the jury is still out. Talk to me three seasons from now.

Third.................................the Saints are smarter than any of these scenarios!!

There is no such thing as a lock in the NFL and any fan with a little bit of sense knows that!!

This proposed trade is a non-starter, there is no way a team gives up the 1st pick in the draft for a WR....

You also may want to check the facts before posting JaMarr Chase (who I think will be a good NFL receiver) is any where near comparable to MT both size wise and "mold".

Chase is 6' (maybe), I've heard he is closer to 5'11" and about 200lbs. MT is 6'3" and about 220 (he came into the NFL at about 212 but has bulked up a bit). As much as I like Chase, there is no way I would say he would replace MT and be as effective in our offense....And physically they are nowhere close to being in the same "mold"

And I don't think Trevor Lawrence is going to be as good as most think....so No and No...

Michael Thomas don’t get the Respect because people knock him for not being a Speed WR like Julio Jones or Hopkins. Make no mistake no one can guard Mike. I would compare him to Jerry Rice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom