N/S WR Amari Cooper traded to the Bills, Bills released WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (22 Viewers)

So just to review, the Jets get Davante Adams, the Bills get Amari Cooper, the Saints get…Dante Pettis.

Fine. At least we are not giving up high future draft picks for older WRs. If we wanted to do that and just wanted a big body for redzone, we could probably get Mike Williams for a conditional 7th from the Jets.

At least Cleveland knows they are terrible and are unloading some high priced, disgruntled players.

Now about that pesky Deshaun Watson thing..........
At the end of the day, we can still hang our hat on not having the worst albatross of a contract that any professional league has ever seen. I mean we tried to have that problem, but at least we don't.

At the end of the day, we can still hang our hat on not having the worst albatross of a contract that any professional league has ever seen. I mean we tried to have that problem, but at least we don't.
But we do with huge dead money contracts under performing old players-AK, MOG, Honey badger, Lattimore
1729020039653.png

But we do with huge dead money contracts under performing old players-AK, MOG, Honey badger, Lattimore
1729020039653.png
THIS IS OUR BIG ISSUE! AGING OLD ROSTER! I am so glad we did not bite on Deonte Adams which would have been another huge contract to an old player. We need to go younger, now. The only two older players playing up to standard are Lattimore and Demario. And they will fall off soon too.

So just to review, the Jets get Davante Adams, the Bills get Amari Cooper, the Saints get…Dante Pettis.

Should we expect the team to make these kinds of trades right now with uncertainty surrounding the coaching staff and the future? Would we want the team to do that?

Should we expect the team to make these kinds of trades right now with uncertainty surrounding the coaching staff and the future? Would we want the team to do that?

No, but I’d expect us to do better than a former 2nd round bust that’s been out of the league for two years, and this is coming from a guy that really liked Pettis as a prospect six years ago.

It’s just disappointing to see teams around us improve themselves with proven talent at that position and we get told guys like Pettis are what’s best for us, for years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom