N/S WR Amari Cooper traded to the Bills, Bills released WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (25 Viewers)

No, but I’d expect us to do better than a former 2nd round bust that’s been out of the league for two years, and this is coming from a guy that really liked Pettis as a prospect six years ago.

It’s just disappointing to see teams around us improve themselves with proven talent at that position and we get told guys like Pettis are what’s best for us, for years.

Pettis doesn’t move the needle but I’d expect Austin and St Brown to be called ahead of him. Wouldn’t shock me to see Perry offered a return on the 53 after Thursday if we’re going to be without Olave and / or Shaheed for any length of time.

I don’t know who all is out there but trading strong draft capital for 30+ year old skill position players is a win-now type move and this team is rapidly falling out of win-now mode.

I don’t know what the future is for Allen and the Saints but I want to believe Loomis is thinking about it, and looking at everything now from the perspective of potentially putting the team in new coaching hands. The next guy needs to be set up as well as possible to make his moves and get his guys.

Or are you still holding out hope for Allen?

Edit, just to be clear, I’m not opposed to the idea of any trades taking place. Depends on the variables. Trading away high picks for older skill positions players, under the current circumstances, would look foolish to me.

Should we expect the team to make these kinds of trades right now with uncertainty surrounding the coaching staff and the future? Would we want the team to do that?
There is.no uncertainty around our coaching staff, just wishful thinking by us members on SR.com.

I think the plan going forward is still in play, injuries again have derailed this season but we weren't that fortified going into the year specifically across the offensive line but we also had terrible depth at safety and we are getting no production from our pass rushers whom we've spent multiple early round picks on.

There is.no uncertainty around our coaching staff, just wishful thinking by us members on SR.com.

I think the plan going forward is still in play, injuries again have derailed this season but we weren't that fortified going into the year specifically across the offensive line but we also had terrible depth at safety and we are getting no production from our pass rushers whom we've spent multiple early round picks on.

Obviously I have no insight into any of this but I think uncertainty is a reasonable conclusion at this point.

We all have our ideas about what should happen and what will happen but I think there’s a lot of fan fiction about Loomis and his ability or willingness to make changes. Doesn’t mean you’re wrong and I think there is an argument to make that Allen inherited a protracted mess from Payton, but still, three seasons is a pretty typical make or break timeframe for coaches. If Allen doesn’t get this turned around soon, I don’t think he can save his job. It’s one thing to lose, it’s another to string four wins and counting together, and give up 51 points at home to a division rival.

But we do with huge dead money contracts under performing old players-AK, MOG, Honey badger, Lattimore
1729020039653.png
Except that adds up to 80 and change and Watson's dead cap hit is 200mil. To be totally transparent, I agree with you 1mil% that our dead money has a direct correlation to our team's situation BUUUUUUT they don't add up to half of a Watson without even considering massage oil cost.

But we do with huge dead money contracts under performing old players-AK, MOG, Honey badger, Lattimore
1729020039653.png

Whoa. Did you just call Lattimore underperforming? He’s our best defensive player. QBs have only thrown his way like 10 times this season

Teams are basically trading players for nothing these days just to unload their contracts or rid themselves of am locker issue.

So just to review, the Jets get Davante Adams, the Bills get Amari Cooper, the Saints get…Dante Pettis.

So just to review, the Jets get Davante Adams, the Bills get Amari Cooper, the Saints get…Dante Pettis.

Lol yeah that sounds about right. Great trade by the Bills. Cooper is still a 1000 yard receiver on a bad team with a mediocre QB. He will kill it with Josh Allen as his QB. That’s a value trade right there.

It’s just disappointing to see teams around us improve themselves with proven talent at that position and we get told guys like Pettis are what’s best for us, for years.
Come one, tell us why that is. Don't be shy. Many of us know why but some others like to resist admitting it.

That did make me chuckle but imo we could have Adams Cooper and Pettis and still not get this turned around. Too many injuries and at too many positions.
Also we’re just plain bad at certain spots….spots that a wideout isn’t going to help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom