Saints Wrs are a problem (1 Viewer)

WR have been a problem for over 5 years now. We’ve always been able to get by with less. When Thomas comes back not a lot will change. We need a legit number 2 receiver. Part of the problem Brees had the last few years

WR have been a problem for over 5 years now. We’ve always been able to get by with less. When Thomas comes back not a lot will change. We need a legit number 2 receiver. Part of the problem Brees had the last few years
I’m still of the opinion that we possibly have that guy in MC if he can stay healthy. The problem is that he isn’t treated as a number two right now. With CGM back the Cats wouldn’t have been able to give so much attention to he and AK.

I agree with the subject though, we have had trouble keeping enough weapons out there and have for several years.

I’m still of the opinion that we possibly have that guy in MC if he can stay healthy. The problem is that he isn’t treated as a number two right now. With CGM back the Cats wouldn’t have been able to give so much attention to he and AK.

I agree with the subject though, we have had trouble keeping enough weapons out there and have for several years.
I think Sean can scheme guys open but without a decent run game and no time to throw it was pointless.

I think Sean can scheme guys open but without a decent run game and no time to throw it was pointless.
THIS!!!! There were none of these comments after week 1. The offensive line was putrid yesterday and I hope that is was just the result of injuries, coaches out & just the mental weariness of not being at home for several weeks.

its a major problem without Mike in there. With Brees you could get away with it a while but Jameis needs a wr with a lot of talent who can get the 50/50s pretty reliably. We have to adjust expectations at qb thats all there is to it.

THIS!!!! There were none of these comments after week 1.

Oh, there most certainly were. A four-TD (excluding the forward pitch to Kamara) day did nothing to hide the fact that we have an inexperienced and undertalented group of pass-catchers that severely caps our offensive potential, especially against stiff, well-prepared defenses.

Great OL play can overcome our WR talent some which we saw vs. GB. But otherwise none of the guys who suited up yesterday would be even the #3 WR on pretty much any other team (some teams even #4). Sean has simply neglected the position. Tre'Quan hasn't shown enough to be a reasonable #2 (of course he's not even healthy to play). With both him and MT out, if the o-line play is bad it's mission impossible for any QB. We should've drafted more WR's.

We should sign Stills to the active roster and hopefully we can get some respect at the position.
We were going into week 2 of the NFL season and Stills was sitting at home, what makes people think he is going to make a difference, how is he any different than Hogan?

Two thoughts -

What Wide Receivers?

So much for Marquez Callaway’s big breakout season……
Callaway was a UDFA. The expectations for him were way too high.

The expectation ceiling should be that he becomes a reliable WR that blocks well and can occasionally win a matchup vs slot and backup CBs. Expecting him to have a breakout season facing #1 CBs with no one else to draw coverage away from him was setting the bar too high.

Last edited:
We were going into week 2 of the NFL season and Stills was sitting at home, what makes people think he is going to make a difference, how is he any different than Hogan?
He might not be any different than Hogan, but he has a history of being able to run accurate routes and steadily produce yards in games, which is more than any other currently active WR on the Saints roster can say.

He won’t be the savior of the unit, but it would impossible for him to be worse than the other options given his history.

So much for Marquez Callaway’s big breakout season……
Besides MC, who else do they have starting that could be considered starting caliber in the NFL? Harris is really a deep play kinda of player. There is no number 2 or number 3 right now. I put some blame on CSP and Loomis for not making the WR position more of a priority in the offseason. All CSP did was bring in low risk high reward type guys who were either undrafted or castoffs. They could have added a WR in round 2 instead of Pete Werner. Now, the team is stuck with a very untalented bunch until MT and TQS come back.

I don't know - I didn't see a lot of "coverage sack" situations where Jameis was waiting a long time for recievers to get open and they didn't.

I saw a lot of Jameis Winston barely being into his 5 step drop and immediately having at least 2 pass rushers in his face.

That's not to say that the recievers did a good job or anything - but I'm more likely to give the recieving corps an incomplete rather than an "F" - because when the O-Line is that bad, and there are no screens/playcalls designed to combat Carolina's agressiveness, there's not much our recievers can do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom