Xbox Series s or x ? (1 Viewer)

I bought my new system direct from Micro$oft as part of a bundle. It made get the elite controller that I don’t like
I didn't see that on the MS website. It just sent me to a list of vendors. I'm looking at getting the basic box for $499 from Best Buy. They have some in stock at the store here.

If you end up buying a Series X I’ll trade you straight up an elite controller for your stock one. If you are interested
I can do that. I'll probably just use the controllers I already have anyway.

I haven't decided to buy just yet tho. Gotta convince the wife too, lol.

If you end up buying a Series X I’ll trade you straight up an elite controller for your stock one. If you are interested
Just FYI, I ended up buying the X and I'm gonna keep it. As for the controller. The stock one feels really nice. My older controllers unfortunately don't work on the X. Getting the stuff I need to make them work seems more trouble than it's worth. Idk. I'm open to a trade, but I don't have a spare to play with while I wait for the controller. Would you be willing to send me yours first then I can send you mine? If you have an extra. Otherwise, I'm not sure how we could do the trade.

I'm really enjoying the X. I've tried several games, but I keep going back to BF4. Lol. Sucks that I had to start over though. Lost all my progress from the 360, so I gotta play enough to unlock everything again.

Lol, I dunno. Maybe the $50 one is actually the better one? :hihi:
The elite controller was designed for customization.. so say he didn't like the D pad, it can be swapped for a different one. Same with the thumbsticks. Not sure what would be "better" in the $50 non-customizable controller. Since there was no specification on what wasn't liked... Maybe you could say w/ the non-elite you can swap out batteries, the elite has internal one instead. But for the size, shape of the controllers, they're identical. The underneath paddles can be removed on the elite, so he could basically convert it into a non-elite controller... although that kind of nullifies one of the biggest selling points in my opinion..

The elite controller was designed for customization.. so say he didn't like the D pad, it can be swapped for a different one. Same with the thumbsticks. Not sure what would be "better" in the $50 non-customizable controller. Since there was no specification on what wasn't liked... Maybe you could say w/ the non-elite you can swap out batteries, the elite has internal one instead. But for the size, shape of the controllers, they're identical. The underneath paddles can be removed on the elite, so he could basically convert it into a non-elite controller... although that kind of nullifies one of the biggest selling points in my opinion..
Yeah, idk, I haven't tried the elite one.

All you need is a $15 pair of WyndellStix.

Just FYI, I ended up buying the X and I'm gonna keep it. As for the controller. The stock one feels really nice. My older controllers unfortunately don't work on the X. Getting the stuff I need to make them work seems more trouble than it's worth. Idk. I'm open to a trade, but I don't have a spare to play with while I wait for the controller. Would you be willing to send me yours first then I can send you mine? If you have an extra. Otherwise, I'm not sure how we could do the trade.
PM me your address. I’m willing to send it to you then you can send me yours in trade. It will take me a couple of days to send it out since I can’t drive right now.

I have been doing a lot of comparing PS5 and Xbox X common and exclusive games for 2023. I also compared Game Pass with the Premium Plus which I had (it's not my idea of money well spent,it's a mess) and the Gamepass is better the free games you get from Sony with plus are mostly meh at best.

I am going to save for the X series it will take 10 or so months but I have the PS5 so by this time next year I should have one. I had the first Xbox and always liked PS controllers better but I can deal with the Xbox controller. The game pass is the real seller for me. I hate spending 70.00 on games and the ps premium thing is garbage. The free games they give you are meh at best on average as to where Gamepass will give you new releases like Halo 5. Plus Elderscrolls 6 and Starfighter are exclusive games I really want to play.

I bought the X like 3 months ago and I've been pretty happy with it. I upgraded my son's game pass to the ultimate because we could use that on either the PC which he uses, or on the X, which I use. I've been playing mostly BF4. The servers are still plentiful and the game is still pretty great. I like the servers with the fast spawn vehicles. I used to completely suck at flying a chopper, but now I love flying them. I like taxiing a group up to flag C at the top of the building on Shanghai. Good times.

I haven't played a lot of other games on the X yet, but the kids have. I have played some older stuff since it's backwards compatible with a decent number of 360 games and a limited number of original xbox titles.

So far so good. The only drawback is I wish the hard drive had more space. I've got like 20 games on it and it's pretty full. I'd have to delete a game to make room for a different one.

it really isn't though :shrug:

Gamepass is obviously a 'better' deal but there are plenty of really good games on PS+...

and Starfield is likely 2 years away...Elder Scrolls 6 is going to be at least 5 years from now
I have had ps plus off an on for years . I had ps plus for years off and on going back to the early COD days and other games where it necessary to have it. I got it again for Destiny and just dumped it again .I had ps now before and nostalgic gaming isn't my thing I can't get over clunky controls and way outdated graphics. I will use gamefly after I finish a few more games I have in my library.

The new PS plus is just a mash up of plus and now and they threw in some decent remasters but it isn't enough for me personally I mean I played all of the Mafia games and the God of War games . Ps plus has always been meh on the free games.

I guess for me since I have been with PS exclusively since day one I really am curious to see what the other side has to offer. I think exploring the Xbox game library will open things up and I just can't get past the 70.00 price tag for games. The Last of Us remake just has me soured on it even more. Sta4field is the first half of 2023 unless you are predicting delays that isn't far off. Elderscrolls is a ways off but I keep my consoles for the full generation and into the next usually for the first year. I will always have a PS I love my ps5 but Xbox overall has more upcoming games that look good and their games are cheaper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom