You know our country is in trouble… (1 Viewer)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
….when a brazen mental whack can get away with assaulting a female passenger on a NYC subway, and not one man steps up to prevent the assault. Where are we going as a country? I guess it is just the way life continues to spiral into the gutter, in the USofA. 🤷‍♂️

Have just read a few pages of the thread.

Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill, and maybe I'm just flat out wrong, but the Uvalde Indepdent School District has its own police department:

You'll see Chief Arredondo (who I've seen conduct the interviews) on this page.

Here is the link to the Uvalde Police Department:

with Chief Pete Rodriguez.

The City of Uvalde has 15000 people; the County 25000.

Two questions:

1. From what we now know, there was no police officer on the campus. This presumably would have been the responsibility of the responsibility of the ISD Police Department.

Why didn't the ISD PD have a copy on the campus?

2. Why does such a small jurisdiction have a P.D. for its school district as well at a City Police Department?

Well documented

bystander effect, the inhibiting influence of the presence of others on a person's willingness to help someone in need. Research has shown that, even in an emergency, a bystander is less likely to extend help when he or she is in the real or imagined presence of others than when he or she is alone.

The attempt to find small moral outrage to distract from larger social ills is also pretty common

Yea what happened to the good ol days when people on the New York City subway system always got involved with literally anyone for any reason whatsoever instead aggressively avoiding even a split second of eye contact. Remember that time that existed in reality?

I think these types of things have always happened, everyone just wasn’t carrying a camera in their pocket. When I was a kid I saw a man knock a woman out cold in the middle of Schwegmann and walk out. Not one person lifted a hand.

People are conditioned to keep their mouths shut and head down on the subway. Also, as that video even tagged, did the person have a weapon? Most people aren't fighters.

And when he slams her against the door, that's when the rest of the train really noticed, but the video ends. The bigger guy in the blue shirt seemed to look back like 'what just happened.'

Before that, except for the few close by, the physical action is subtle.

• 1Like
Reactions: cpg
This is the result of #toxicmasculinity. Well done everyone.
Abuse has nothing to do with being masculine. It has everything to do with mental insecurity and instability.

A man who is masculine stands up for and takes care of women. A man who abuses a woman is a sniveling coward with no masculinity in his character at all.

People are conditioned to keep their mouths shut and head down on the subway. Also, as that video even tagged, did the person have a weapon? Most people aren't fighters.

And when he slams her against the door, that's when the rest of the train really noticed, but the video ends. The bigger guy in the blue shirt seemed to look back like 'what just happened.'

Before that, except for the few close by, the physical action is subtle.
Aside from the Bystander Effect I posted earlier- the conditioning you speak of is real
First few months in NYC is a visual and auditory feast. But after awhile you completely lose the ability to be surprised by anything- if you had a brain scan on those people, I imagine the brain would not register that much

Then another thing to consider- I subscribe to r/wt* - every few days you’ll see a video of something truly bizarre: building edifice falling down, tiger running through city, sinkhole swallowing a car, et al. The thing that always sticks out to me is how little people visually react to the bizarre. I would say 90% of the time most people just freeze and then maybe slowly assess- it’s nothing like we see on TV/movies

….when a brazen mental whack can get away with assaulting a female passenger on a NYC subway, and not one man steps up to prevent the assault. Where are we going as a country? I guess it is just the way life continues to spiral into the gutter, in the USofA. 🤷‍♂️
That's New York City. Try that in anytown USA and see if the results are the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom