You know our country is in trouble… (1 Viewer)

Abuse has nothing to do with being masculine. It has everything to do with mental insecurity and instability.

A man who is masculine stands up for and takes care of women. A man who abuses a woman is a sniveling coward with no masculinity in his character at all.
That was my point.

Here’s the thing. Guy looked to be under the influence of something. Also, looked pretty decently built. You want to tangle with someone like that who is all jacked up on whatever? Best you could hope for is to get yourself a good beat down. Or, as people have mentioned, you don’t know what he’s carrying.

One thing that’s very obvious is that any action against him is going to lead to a very violent reaction. Ready for your hospital trip to protect her?

Last edited:
Yeah, you help the lady, and then you get sued and maybe even do time for assault and battery... or shot.... or (and this happened to a buddy of mine after he clocked someone in a club) the woman scratches your face and tells you to mind your own business.

Then I think we all missed it
Can you explain how this has anything to do with toxic masculinity?
It is the desired product of the assault on masculinity.
The term and movement 'toxic masculinity' is designed to pressure males into acting a certain a way. One way, men have always acted is by protecting women and if you see something you do something. Now, not so much. Just record it and then talk about your trauma on social media.

Does that help?

Yeah, you help the lady, and then you get sued and maybe even do time for assault and battery... or shot.... or (and this happened to a buddy of mine after he clocked someone in a club) the woman scratches your face and tells you to mind your own business.
Same thing happened to me. And this after she screamed for help. At the time I was 14 and they were both full grown adults.
But I'd still do it again.

It is the desired product of the assault on masculinity.
The term and movement 'toxic masculinity' is designed to pressure males into acting a certain a way. One way, men have always acted is by protecting women and if you see something you do something. Now, not so much. Just record it and then talk about your trauma on social media.

Does that help?
Well obviously history does not support your mythology
But I would agree that it is designed to pressure males to act a certain way and that way is not being an abusive, incel, r*pist, ***hole

So no it doesn’t help if you are suggesting that the only way we can get mythological protector man is to also have abusive man

Last edited:
@guidomerkinsrules and @Saint_Ward are correct

I'd like to think I would help in that situation but you don't know until it happens. The more people present in a given crisis the last chance an individual will step up. It's a well established psychological phenomenon

There was a news story in 2007 about a woman who heard a couple fighting in the middle of the night.

She ran down the stairs of her apartment complex to see what was happening and the man chopped her arms off with a machete.

I think about her approximately once a month. I wonder if she gets hung up on that moment when she was still safe in her bed, before she went downstairs.

And I wonder how on earth I'd be able to stop myself from doing the same thing.

I cannot imagine an instance where someone is being hurt and I don't help.

I'm not watching this video, but I bet there was a chance for a smaller person to jump on his back and gouge his eyes.

That will be my go-to move in a crisis. Don't be weirded out by the squishiness of the eyes. Just squeeze until they stop what they're doing.

I have a plan of action for almost every unfortunate scenario. That's what this life has done to me.

Well obviously history does not support your mythology
But I would agree that it is designed to pressure males to act a certain way and that way is not being an abusive, incel, r*pist, ***hole

So no it doesn’t help if you are suggesting that the only way we can get mythological protector man is to also have abusive man
Really? So historically and from culture to culture, the general role of the male has not been the protector?
So, if a male defends a woman from another male, he is also an abusive, incel, rapist, ahole? Why is that?
Why are those things one and same to you? You have a very warped sense of masculinity and a lot makes sense now.

Really? So historically and from culture to culture, the general role of the male has not been the protector?
So, if a male defends a woman from another male, he is also an abusive, incel, rapist, ahole? Why is that?
Why are those things one and same to you? You have a very warped sense of masculinity and a lot makes sense now.
You said
One way, men have always acted is by protecting women
Not all men not always - roles have always been fluid and reactive
You implied that the ‘purpose’ of #toxicmasculinity was to keep men from being protectors (again not all men not always)
I corrected to say that the reason for #toxicmasculinity was to stop one of the ancillary benefits of masculinity- I was asking you to consider the TOXIC part of the hashtag
The TOXIC part is where you get the abusive, incel, r*pist, ***hole part
Would you not agree that those things are TOXIC?

Ok, what historically was the male role in society/family? Just the heavy lifter and opener of pickle jars?
Male role in society:
Husband/father
Farmer
Soldier
Scribe
Guard
Bard
Bean counter
Priest
Sanitation worker
Ruler
Blacksmith
Acrobat
Cobbler
Librarian
Shepherd
Jester
Tanner
Fisher
Merchant
1000s more

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom