Young Talent (1 Viewer)

State Of Affairs

Just a dude...
Gold VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Found myself getting giddy as a school girl as we talked on the show about all the defensive players who are expected to make a big step forward. Onyemata, Rankins, Williams, Crawley, Anzalone, Hendrickson.

It’s not possible, is it? for all of them to take a big step... guna be fun to find out who’s really taken the step starting tonight.

Who Dat

View: https://bsandbeer.podbean.com/e/bs-and-beer-saints-talk-180807/

Found myself getting giddy as a school girl as we talked on the show about all the defensive players who are expected to make a big step forward. Onyemata, Rankins, Williams, Crawley, Anzalone, Hendrickson.

It’s not possible, is it? for all of them to take a big step... guna be fun to find out who’s really taken the step starting tonight.

Who Dat

View: https://bsandbeer.podbean.com/e/bs-and-beer-saints-talk-180807/

Yes it is possible but a couple of them have already taken that step. I think Crawley and Rankins are already there. Onyemata and Williams are legit contenders for it.
As far as Anzalone and Hendrickson I'd like to see them be able to walk from here to there without being injured.
It starts tonight and we'll find out soon enough won't we?

As far as Anzalone and Hendrickson I'd like to see them be able to walk from here to there without being injured.
It starts tonight and we'll find out soon enough won't we?

1533822440041.gif

Lol... I’m pulling for Anzalone and for some reason, I have some confidence he can stay healthy... I heard Oshner has a new “once they fix it, it won’t break policy” that’s according to Alic Okafor... lol

Think this guy’s already taken that step. Maybe a few extra. Really excited to see what this season has in store for him

Think this guy’s already taken that step. Maybe a few extra. Really excited to see what this season has in store for him

The one thing I’ve learned from watching football my entire life and covering the team from the sidelines during camp, take everything you hear and see in camp with a grain of salt.

This was the point of my post, what I saw and what I continue to hear would have you believe there are 10 guys who will make this huge jump but it just never seems to happen.

As far as Williams is concerned, I have no reason to believe he won’t make the jump, cuz he was very good last season, but ima wait til I see a game.

But it’s HARD not to get excited about what this defense could be this season.

This was the point of my post, what I saw and what I continue to hear would have you believe there are 10 guys who will make this huge jump but it just never seems to happen.

This team is good enough that we only need about 1 on offense and 1 of defense to blow up. Or,,, if nobody takes the big step, but most of the young players become incrementally better, that should be enough to compete for the championship.

It's hilarious and scary that when we mention young talent on this team that should / could progress greatly this year... we never mention the reigning rookies of the year (Lattimore and Kamara)... or Ryan Ramczyk.

It's very possible that all 3 of those guys were just scratching the surface of what they were capable of last year.... and may progress to be much better this year.

Wrap your head around that one for a minute....

Last edited:
It's hilarious and scary that when we mention young talent on this team that should / could progress greatly this year... we never mention the reigning rookies of the year (Lattimore and Kamara)... or Ryan Ramczyk.

It's very possible that all of those guys were just scratching the surface of what they were capable of last year.... and may progress to be much better this year.

It's very unusual for a sophomore to set his goals to matching his own previous year, but those would be good goals for those 3.

It's very possible that all 3 of those guys were just scratching the surface of what they were capable of last year.... and may progress to be much better this year.

We talked about this 2 weeks ago. For a guy like Kamara, his improvement probably won’t reflect in his numbers. It would be hard for him to improve on that, how many more long runs can he have, how many more franchise long kick off returns can he have....

I think his biggest improvement will come in areas the average fan won’t notice, pass pro, additional routes to his game etc. Defensive coordinators watched film n they will take away what he does best. If he scores on a 30 yard run, it will look like the same 30 yard run as last year but if you talk to the Defensive coach, he may say “we took away what he does best and he beat up the other way”

Just number wise, it would be VERY hard for him to improve...

1533822440041.gif

Lol... I’m pulling for Anzalone and for some reason, I have some confidence he can stay healthy... I heard Oshner has a new “once they fix it, it won’t break policy” that’s according to Alic Okafor... lol

Man I would LOVE to see Anzalone stay healthy. He is a very talented athlete and he's extremely smart.

The Saints need him on the field cause he will make the defense better. We probably won't see much of him tonight but I am pumped to see what Demario Davis brings as well.

Man I would LOVE to see Anzalone stay healthy. He is a very talented athlete and he's extremely smart.

The Saints need him on the field cause he will make the defense better. We probably won't see much of him tonight but I am pumped to see what Demario Davis brings as well.

We saw the 3 starting Linebackers I expect to see against Tampa Bay week one. AA looked fast... looks like he belongs... and yea, I expect that Davis will be the difference...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom