‘No added pressure’ for Latavius Murray when it comes to replacing Mark Ingram (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1559722675795.png

By Luke Johnson, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

There are moments when Mark Ingram’s absence from this new iteration of the New Orleans Saints is stark, whether in the missing presence of his voice or his hijinks away from the play.

The feeling that something is missing maybe won’t go away for a while, and Latavius Murray gets that. He knows he plays a part in this too, as the guy who was brought in to fill Ingram’s shoes. He also knows some will naturally gravitate toward comparing him to Ingram.

But what Murray does not want to do is step in and try to be Ingram on this Saints team. He has only had a few weeks to get to know his new teammates at Saints OTAs, but he is trying to make an imprint as his own man.

“I think that’s human nature for fans or anybody to compare us, because a very good running back leaves and we have to fill that void,” Murray said. “… There’s no added pressure. I know what I am capable of and I believe they do as well, and that’s why I’m here.

Full Story - NOLA.com

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom