17 out, wow!!! (1 Viewer)

The Hau-witzer......Kikaha.

fh-77b_sdyfgthd002.jpg

That's the one! Thanks! :9:

Hi y'all;

For those who don't realize the impact on special teams, many of the ST signings were forced into the starting lineup(on the fly). continuity @ every level of the team was shaken up. When you have the starters(many of whom are practice squad talent or low level bottom dwellers @ best) also playing ST you are losing fresh legs(especially the gunners).

A

Webb and Moore have played well and Crawley played over his head for a rookie. I had big hopes for D. Harris, but that didn't pan out.

The reason these DBs were able to keep us respectable was the play of the D-line. Even Kruger for all the love he's not getting. Our sack stats won't impress, but there is mayhem at the LOS. Our biggest weakness is 3rd and long. I'd almost rather it be 3rd and 1 than 3rd and 15.

Not sure about Webb, but I bet we see Moore in Black and gold next season.

We are definitely on the high side but not alone for IRs...

NFC-W
49ers - 16 not counting Hyde (MCL) or Eric Rodgers (ACL)
Rams -11
Cards -14
Seabirds -10

NFC-S
Panties - 9 not including Kuechley
Saints - 16 not including KV
Bucs - 11
Failclowns - 9

NFC-N
Bears - 19
Vikes - 10
Pack - 5
Lions - 9

NFC-E
PHI - 7
WAS - 10 not including Jr (Achilles),or Redd (Susp)
NYG - 9 not including JPP
Cowgirls - 7 noy including Claiborne or McClain (Susp)

AFC-E
NYJ - 17
Bills - 15 not including Jones or Henderson (Susp)
Phins - 6
Patsies - 4

AFC-N
Browns - 11 not including Gordon (Susp)
BenGals - 8 not including AJ
Ravens - 17
PIT - 10 not including Bryant (Susp)

AFC-S
Jags - 14
Colts - 10
Titans - 5 not including Mariota (Fibula) or Bell
Texans - 13

NFC-W
Bolts - 18 not including Verrett (ACL) or Palepoi (Susp)
DEN - 7 not including Marshall
KC - not including Bray (Spine)
Oak - 6 not including Carr (Fibula) or Smith (Susp)

Oh man. Reading that list, I had completely forgotten about D.J. Pettway from Alabama. I'm actually really excited to see what he can do. Even as a backup/rotational guy at Bama, he made some big plays. He may be one of those afterthought dudes that becomes a great rotational part of this emerging D-line next year. He got stuck behind an insanely stout and deep Bama line after he came back from being booted, but still became a solid contributor. He may be able to do the same for the Saints in a similar role.

STRENGTHS: Attacks opponent across from him like a sled drill with low pad level and an upward striking blow. Able to convert speed to power and crank up a bull *rush with a leveraged, jarring punch. Plays with good awareness and reads play*-action and zone reads quickly. Shows good lateral scoot to close down the line. Has power in his hands to punch and control the edge. Able to help squeeze running lanes and force runners to spill it wide.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom