2011 EXPERTS Mock Draft **THIRD ROUND** Completed (6 Viewers)

Considering we have another week before comp picks are announced allowing us to move on the 4th round I say someone texts him and give him some extra time.
Consider him texted. We will give him a few more since we are under no major time crunch. He may have gotten stuck in traffic or something.

We have discussed implementing a feature of the actual draft with the Experts draft. Where if a team misses their pick, they simply get skipped over and the next team can make a selection. The skipped team continues to be skipped until they check in and make their pick.

Thoughts??

Consider him texted. We will give him a few more since we are under no major time crunch. He may have gotten stuck in traffic or something.

We have discussed implementing a feature of the actual draft with the Experts draft. Where if a team misses their pick, they simply get skipped over and the next team can make a selection. The skipped team continues to be skipped until they check in and make their pick.

Thoughts??

AYE

Thoughts??

I think that's what happens in the real draft when a team uses all their allotted time. I like that idea.

With the 78th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select LSU OT Joseph Barksdale.

outsvn.jpg

We were approached with several offers to trade down here, but we felt that with a talent like Barksdale on the board combined with our need for a good OT that this was too good of an oportunity to pass on. Let's just say that we were pleasently surprised when Barksdale slipped this far to us. In 2010, he carried a 1st round grade. He got injured to begin the 2010 season which caused him to drop alot in the standings, but he is 100% now.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Solid size and frame to add bulk
Long arms
Very light on his feet
Fluid, smooth athlete
Outstanding technician
A natural knee bender and keeps pads low
Love his balance and body control
Patient pass protector; sits in his stance, not over-aggressive
Displays explosiveness
Nice range and can be isolated 1v1
Reacts quickly to counter moves; good instincts
Understands angles
Comfortable in space
Starter in SEC since sophomore year
Terrific hand punch; keeps hands inside
Fantastic agility
Gets solid arm extension
Moves to second level with ease
Heavy hands
Highly consistent in pass protection
Huge upside and potential
Durable
Great skill set for an NFL left tackle

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">From Walterfootball.com:

I don't understand why Barksdale isn't more well regarded as a 2011 NFL Draft prospect nationally, but I really don't care. I have watched a lot of tape on the most lauded 2010 NFL Draft tackle prospects, and Barksdale's games are easily the best. He has a very high upside and has the raw talent to be an elite left tackle in the NFL with the prototype technique to boot. He needs to prove he can man the blind side as a senior at LSU, but I think when it's all said and done, he will at least go in the first two rounds. I'm giving Barksdale a first-round grade to start the 2010 season and he's my No. 1 offensive tackle prospect for the 2011 NFL Draft.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
We feel like this assessment pretty much sums it up. He has potential out of this world, and we feel that he will be an anchor at the position for many years to come. He has a great frame to add a little more weight if need be, he has incredible arms, and he is a very hard worker. He dominated in the toughest conference in college football, the SEC. We liked that he held his own against dominant rushers like Von Miller and Justin Houston, yet he was strong enough to match up with DT Marcel Dareus from Alabama. He is a proven prospect, and we think he could end up being considered an "elite" tackle in this league. We are very excited to get such a steal in the mid 3rd round in Joseph Barksdale.

Sorry guys... I've been cleaning out the ice box in my garage. Someone left the door open over night, and everything inside of it was ruined.

Vague flashbacks of Katrina :no: but it's all good haha. Sorry for the wait!

I think that's what happens in the real draft when a team uses all their allotted time. I like that idea.

We will probably do it after this round because we are on a weird time frame with the comp picks. However I want to say it again. Send in a list and you have a good shot at getting a guy you want. If not you are skipped until you pick. We will probably put a tag in the title like (Bucs) Titians are on the clock. The team in ( ) would indicate the skipped team. Thoughts on that?

Sorry guys... I've been cleaning out the ice box in my garage. Someone left the door open over night, and everything inside of it was ruined.

Vague flashbacks of Katrina :no: but it's all good haha. Sorry for the wait!

One of the things we try to keep in mind is real life happens, this is for fun, but we have a responsibility to try to keep the draft moving. However it is nothing personal if/when we skip someone.

So with that said I can understand why you took a bit of time to pick. No blood, no foul like Zard likes to say.

One of the things we try to keep in mind is real life happens, this is for fun, but we have a responsibility to try to keep the draft moving. However it is nothing personal if/when we skip someone.

So with that said I can understand why you took a bit of time to pick. No blood, no foul like Zard likes to say.
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

We will probably do it after this round because we are on a weird time frame with the comp picks. However I want to say it again. Send in a list and you have a good shot at getting a guy you want. If not you are skipped until you pick. We will probably put a tag in the title like (Bucs) Titians are on the clock. The team in ( ) would indicate the skipped team. Thoughts on that?

Great idea. Put a warning in at the start of every round so all the GMs are aware. That would work for me.

That seems fair, but I would be in zero rush for this round. We're going to be waiting on compensatory picks as it is, as you alluded too.

In my experience, and yours too I am sure, sending in draft boards gets really critical once you start getting into the lower rounds, like 5, 6, and 7. You start getting teams with lots of multiple picks spread out over a round due to previous trades, participants not as eager and "on the ball" keeping up with the thread, etc. It's really easy to lose momentum and have stuff drag down. In that case, just send in a draft board. You'd be surprised, but the nature of the draft is if you send in a 15 person draft board in the 5th round, it'll often last until the 7th as people start getting wildly divergent opinions on the value of players and a lot less consensus exists.

Not sure I like the 'skip' idea. Seems like it would cause extra confusion, require extra work (changing teams/slots), and it makes this draft a little more unrealistic than it already is. I'd rather switch out a GM (or even pick for them) than start moving picks around.

With the 79th selection in the 2011 Saints Report "Experts" mock draft, the Miami Dolphins select Clint Boling, OL, University of Georgia

0414_web_ls_Clint_Boling_t305.jpg

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68658&draftyear=2011&genpos=OG

We were considering trading back or selecting another player until the recent run on offensive linemen. Clint has played LT, RG, and RT during his time at Georgia. We feel he is best suited for guard or right tackle, which is perfect for us. With Richie Incognito most likely moving to center permanently, Clint will have a chance to compete for a starting guard position. His versatility is particuarly attractive to us with the uncertainty of Vernon Carey's health. If needed, Clint could compete for the right tackle spot as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom