2011 EXPERTS Mock Draft **THIRD ROUND** Completed (1 Viewer)

Wait, what? I texted Rugger and Crosswatt this morning asking if who I wanted was available.
If you did not want th UNC WR, then make a different pick quickly please.

I don't know if she's online but she mentioned Luke Stocker I think as her possibile choice at her original pick before we traded. I would normally not post this but since TE is not a target for us we could go ahead with a poll I think.

I don't know if she's online but she mentioned Luke Stocker I think as her possibile choice at her original pick before we traded. I would normally not post this but since TE is not a target for us we could go ahead with a poll I think.

I am pretty sure that is who it was too. She did say TE and it was the only only left on her list that she sent out. Again I did not see a list, but I think he is the 2nd ranked TE.

Yep that is him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2011_TE

Apologies to all, I saw the pick was up, LKN's first choice was Stocker and I didn't see that till just now. I'm FB friends with her and Ross and Ross had WR as a position to target in the 3rd round as well, so I went ahead with it. Sorry for the cluster.

Carolina picks Luke Stocker, TE, Tennessee -

03/11/2011 - Luke Stocker knows there's not a lot of room for tight ends in the NFL draft. That's why he's glad he was able to improve on his 40-yard-dash at Tennessee's pro day. The former Vol was happy with all of his drills at the NFL combine except for his 4.79 time in the 40 yard-dash. On Friday, he clocked times of 4.71 and 4.74 in front of scouts from 24 NFL teams. Stocker has been projected as the second-best tight end prospect for this year's draft, and he's hoping he's done enough to end up as at least a second-round pick. The Berea, Ky., joined wide receiver Denarius Moore as the only former Tennessee players to participate in this year's NFL combine. Moore improved his 40 time from 4.43 to 4.37 and 4.38. Ten other former Vols participated in pro day. - AP Sports

Positives: Soft, reliable hands and a large catch radius with long arms and surprising body control. Flexible athlete, can contort in space to adjust to poorly thrown passes. Likes to turn and catch rather than track the ball over his shoulder. Presents a big target over the middle and has shown the ability to take a hit. Is a load for defensive backs to bring down. Lowers his shoulder and gives good effort to try and break through tackles. Has good leaping ability to hurdle would-be tacklers. Long-strider who can pick up yardage in chunks if able to get into the open field.
Negatives: Despite his size, long arms and experience in a pro-style offense, remains a bit of a project as a blocker. Provides a good initial punch as a run blocker, but lacks the upper-body strength to sustain and is too often discarded. Works to meet and wall off the defender from the ballcarrier, but struggles to set and hold the edge. Has to do a better job of sinking his hips, planting his foot in the ground and creating some explosion out of his cuts. Can be lazy in his route-running. Isn't particularly elusive after the catch and doesn't have the explosiveness to consistently beat defenders down the seam.

While we do have Jeremy Shockey on a one-year deal, we believe that TE is a position to upgrade as Rivera is not fond of our Tight End by committee. Stocker should be able to contribute as a rookie as he has the potential to be a starter. Working with Shockey and learning from him will be a great benefit. We are happy he is still here at this pick.

Apologies to all, I saw the pick was up, LKN's first choice was Stocker and I didn't see that till just now. I'm FB friends with her and Ross and Ross had WR as a position to target in the 3rd round as well, so I went ahead with it. Sorry for the cluster.

Really not a big deal. We are right up against the Saints pick anyway, so we are going to be squatting for awhile. Plus we always let people have flexibility to change a player as long as their player is still around.

No blood, No foul.

No worries. I got a PM that I was on the clock knew it would be a bit before I was online so I'd tried to contact people with what I wanted. Rugger was also driving and didn't know. So I appreciate you going with one option we'd discussed.

Carolina picks Luke Stocker, TE, Tennessee -

While we do have Jeremy Shockey on a one-year deal, we believe that TE is a position to upgrade as Rivera is not fond of our Tight End by committee. Stocker should be able to contribute as a rookie as he has the potential to be a starter. Working with Shockey and learning from him will be a great benefit. We are happy he is still here at this pick.

Nice pick, LKNH20. He was the second highest guy left on my board and should have gone long ago by my value chart.

The Saints are discussing multiple trade offers to come up with the best option. Thanks for patience folks.

We have a trade-

Kansas City has traded their #86, #117, and #137 to the Saints for this pick.

Kansas City is on the clock. Congratulations Football Lady!

Last edited:
Nice pick, LKNH20. He was the second highest guy left on my board and should have gone long ago by my value chart.

Thanks! He was second-highest on mine as well but I wasn't keen on the other guy. Now I need to look at my strategy as there's someone I want at a lower spot than my current next but may not be there when I get to my 4th rounder. Decisions...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom