2011 EXPERTS Mock Draft **THIRD ROUND** Completed (2 Viewers)

We have a trade-

Kansas City has traded their #88, #117, and #137 to the Saints for this pick.

Kansas City is on the clock. Congratulations Football Lady!

As long as they don't take who I want I think it's a good trade. It will allow other members not part of the draft to participate because originally after the Saints pick we wouldn't have had another one until the 7th round.

As long as they don't take who I want I think it's a good trade. It will allow other members not part of the draft to participate because originally after the Saints pick we wouldn't have had another one until the 7th round.
Naa, I am gonna take who you want. Really, I am. You are going to cuss me even. I sense it.

Well not much sensing to it really, the Patriots have an expert IT staff that uses technology to improve our drafting process. They excel at hacking into other teams computers and using their own web-cams to video tape their draft boards. How else do you think we move up and down and all around the draft, but still get the players we want??

edit... FIFY. :hihi:
Thanks. If you had seen how many quotes quoting quotes quoting quotes the PMs had with all of the back and forth discussing trade offers, you would understand how the numbers all got jumbled in my head.

With the 72nd selection in the 2011 Saintsreport "Experts" Mock Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs Select...

Jerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy

JerrelJerniganRLCarriersNewOrleansBowl-ImVtfVQL6ll_display_image.jpg

One of our goals headed into this draft is to make our passing offense more dangerous and J2 (that's what the kids call him) accomplishes that objective. He is fast, elusive, has GREAT balance, and can start right away as our slot receiver. Further, he gives us an added threat in the return game, as he can capably fill in for Dexter McCluster without skipping a beat. We understand we paid a steep price for him, but J2 (those kids!) was the highest rated player on our board by far. No excuses, Matt Cassel.

Release: Has gained considerable bulk and strength to combat press coverage, but can be held up at the line of scrimmage. Good agility and developing technique in this area. Possesses rare straight-line speed to punish cornerbacks who are unable to keep him from gaining a free release. Has the speed to pull away on the vertical route.

Hands: Does a nice job of catching the ball with his hands. Can extend and pluck outside of his frame. Good strength and toughness to take the big hit and hang on to the football. Good body control to contort in space to make the tough grab of a poorly throw pass. Reliable hands for the return game.

Route running: Very good athlete, but remains a work in progress in this area. Too often rounds off his routes, as he's often able to generate separation based strictly on his athleticism. Not used on a wide variety of routes in this offense and does much of his damage on screens and other underneath options. Can sink his hips and explode out of his cuts, however, so the potential is there for him to be a very good route-runner with greater focus.

After the catch: Clearly his best area. Good lateral agility and balance to elude defenders in the open field and make slower defenders look silly in confined quarters. Good burst to accelerate through gaps and has the speed to pull away. Has the vision to set up blocks and despite his lack of height, runs with surprising power and determination.

Blocking: Willing to help out teammates when he sees the play developing, but is highly inconsistent with his effort in this area as a whole. Lacks the size and strength to be more than a pest blocker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63lbmKiBWl0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx30DnGVoZc&feature=related

Thanks! He was second-highest on mine as well but I wasn't keen on the other guy. Now I need to look at my strategy as there's someone I want at a lower spot than my current next but may not be there when I get to my 4th rounder. Decisions...

Yes, the dilemma of trading up or down. I loved trading up to get Ayers, but then being out of the second and third round as a result has been nerve-racking. That the ones I have as "coveted" will still be around by my pick in the fourth looks less likely all the time, but I wouldn't have expected them to be there in the first place, so that was my trade-off. I have to stop looking at "now" and think about who I was targeting in the fourth in the first place.

Dome Patrol PMed a pick last night, but he put pick #85 on it which is his second pick of the round. Gonna see if he pops in here in a few, otherwise I will assume the pick and analysis he sent was for this pick and he just got the number mixed up. Regardless, I know it is a guy he will like!

Thanks, y'all!

As an aside, let me say that one of the things I adore about participating in this draft is that it's made me a more attentive fan. I am by no means a football genius but being in this draft has forced me to study the game more than I otherwise would have. For that, I am very grateful!

Dome Patrol PMed a pick last night, but he put pick #85 on it which is his second pick of the round. Gonna see if he pops in here in a few, otherwise I will assume the pick and analysis he sent was for this pick and he just got the number mixed up. Regardless, I know it is a guy he will like!

I'd give him about 2 days.

Thanks, y'all!

As an aside, let me say that one of the things I adore about participating in this draft is that it's made me a more attentive fan. I am by no means a football genius but being in this draft has forced me to study the game more than I otherwise would have. For that, I am very grateful!

Me, too! Normally, I only pay attention to the first round and who the Panthers are targetting (now, TPTB are thinking Gabbert) but now as the rounds go on, it's nice to know names and such.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom