2022 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD (3 Viewers)

8CnJDLF.jpg

Herb Jones was most definitely in Chris Paul's head...

I never liked Chris Paul going back to when he was with the Hornets. I always hoped he'd never win an NBA title. Here's to keeping that hope alive.

I have no problem admitting that I placed a nice bet on Phoenix to win it all in the first part of the season. I also have no problem admitting that I would be ok with losing that money if it is the Pels who knocked them out.

LOL. I heard Monty went off on the officials last night in the post game presser. He failed to mention Crowder and Paul were flopping the whole game.

Nice win!

I hate the Suns and if (when) my Nuggets go out I really hope you guys take out CP3. I never like him because he has all the talent but still flops like he needs the edge.

@Madmarsha -

Just like my Nuggets and the Saints (when I jumped on in 06) There is no such thing as a bandwagon for the Pels. You on now you are good.

On that note, NO teams are so easy to root for. You guys are the best on tv pro atmosphere across all sports I think. What I mean is, the crowds aren’t just loud, you guys are loud and freaking awesome with the costumes and face paint and stuff. Every. Game.

LOL. I heard Monty went off on the officials last night in the post game presser. He failed to mention Crowder and Paul were flopping the whole game.
And they weren't really pounding the lanes in order to get physical. And when they did, we did a decent job of not initiating contact. Go look at the film, Monty.

Plus, your 3rd quarter problems look awfully similar to the 3rd quarter problems NOLA had when you were coach. Seems there's a simple denominator.

And they weren't really pounding the lanes in order to get physical. And when they did, we did a decent job of not initiating contact. Go look at the film, Monty.

Plus, your 3rd quarter problems look awfully similar to the 3rd quarter problems NOLA had when you were coach. Seems there's a simple denominator.

I like how Kenny explained it- "it aint Pick n Roll - its Pick n Pop" ( meaning he pulls up for a 10-12 ft jumper )

for Monty it might have been 'going off' - he was pointing out the huge FT disparity (eye popping out of context), but like Efil mentioned Kenny, et al supplied the context - Pels put pressure around the basket and Suns did not
i imagine Monty will address that hugely tomorrow night

for Monty it might have been 'going off' - he was pointing out the huge FT disparity (eye popping out of context), but like Efil mentioned Kenny, et al supplied the context - Pels put pressure around the basket and Suns did not
i imagine Monty will address that hugely tomorrow night
Yeah, the FT disparity was largely a result of the difference in aggressiveness between the teams. That's not really hard to figure out. There were maybe 2 calls that the Suns had a legit grip about. The rest were legit calls. The Suns got a few favorable calls too, so it balances out a bit anyway.

Monty is just prepping the refs for the next game....he knows he is full of sheet

I got this from another site. The Suns have sucked at getting to the FT line all year and they have given up tons of FTs all year

in the entire 82 game regular season, the Suns were 29th in free throw rate, 27th in free throw attempts, and averages 19 FTAs a game. The only player on their team who took more than 4 FTAs a game was DEVIN BOOKER who is obviously not present to earn those FTAs right now. It is frankly not surprising that they are not getting FTs.

They also were bottom 10 in the NBA in opponent FT rate and opponent FTAs. They always gave up FTs, all season long.

Meanwhile, for all the Pelicans problems in the first half of the year, we finished the season 6th in free throw attempts - shooting about 24 a night.

The only surprise is that the Suns ever got more FTs than the Pels in any game

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom