2024 Tropical Weather Thread (2 Viewers)

I, for one, welcome our new tropical wave overlords . . .

Some models have a heavy rain event on the gulf coast and tropical development on the gulf coast in the next 12 days.

It's that time of the year and this is going to be a really busy thread.

ohhhh Allison type event??

I, for one, welcome our new tropical wave overlords . . .
People in Charleston still talk about Hugo much? I was in high school and lived in Indiana the year it hit, but my Mom and stepdad lived in Summerville and the eye went over them (think I’m remembering that right). I remember coming home the next summer and as we flew in it looked like bombs had gone off in the woods around the airport.

People in Charleston still talk about Hugo much? I was in high school and lived in Indiana the year it hit, but my Mom and stepdad lived in Summerville and the eye went over them (think I’m remembering that right). I remember coming home the next summer and as we flew in it looked like bombs had gone off in the woods around the airport.

Long-timers do. My next-door neighbor was in the area, and he actually moved into that house a few months after - but he's really familiar with how the storm impacted our neighborhood so he's been a good resource.

We don't have many pine trees around the neighborhood, a few but not many. He told me it used to be full of them, a pine forest - but Hugo knocked almost all of them down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom