2nd round pick; John Carson TE? (1 Viewer)

God, I hope we don't give up a 1st for him.

If we are sitting at 10 and Dorsey, Ellis, Rivers and whoever else we have rated high is off the board, I would not be surprised to here Tagliabue say "There has been a trade with the tenth pick". "The New Orleans Saints are trading the tenth pick to the NY Giants for Jeremy Shockey and this years 4th round pick."

If that scenario came to fruition, I would not be surprised.

If we are sitting at 10 and Dorsey, Ellis, Rivers and whoever else we have rated high is off the board, I would not be surprised to here Tagliabue say "There has been a trade with the tenth pick". "The New Orleans Saints are trading the tenth pick to the NY Giants for Jeremy Shockey and this years 4th round pick."

Now, I would be surprised with that scenario, just because Tags has retired!

Just pulling your chain, Chi-town.

As of now, if I really have to pick a tight end in the second, I may be go with Bennett, wiht Davis very close to him. I take Bennett because they are similar receiving but Bennett is maybe the best blocker of this tight-end draft class.

I still will not take any offensive player until the third round, and I would be very happy if we don't take one until the fourth.

I really, really hope we pick between DT, CB, and LB with our first 2 picks. If we do that I'm happy. 3rd round on I'm fine with a TE but I think defense is much more pressing.

I also would honestly like to see what Billy Miller can do.

honestly......the only TE i feel thats even worthy of a day 1 pick is Finley from Texas. All the other guys don't really impress me. Although i feel Tamme from Kentucky and Keller from P'Doo could possibly turn into Colston type-WRs

This will not happen, I could see the Saints trading the #10 spot to the Giants for Shockey and their #1 but not for their #4. The #10 spot is valued for at least 2 #1 picks. Besides I see us getting Shockey for our #2 pick and possibly Bullocks (he's got to be better then Sammy Knight). With this being the preferred trade scenario we would not have a number 2 to work with.

Forget The Offense

Wake Up People. Our Defense Is Horrible. The Only Way We Get Better Is To Use This Draft To Load Up On D. There's Only One Football And The Saints Have Shown That They Can Move The Football And Score Points With The Cast On Hand. Our Problem Is Stopping Other Teams From Scoring. We Need More Team Speed On D. Lb,cornerback And Safety Could Use Some Upgrade. You Aint Going To Get It With A Te.

honestly......the only TE i feel thats even worthy of a day 1 pick is Finley from Texas. All the other guys don't really impress me. Although i feel Tamme from Kentucky and Keller from P'Doo could possibly turn into Colston type-WRs

First of all, please be kind enough to Brees's alma mater and say Purdue instead of P'Doo.

Second of all, Keller had a 38 vertical, best among all other TE's by 2.

On March 7th, his pro day, he did a 41. The guy will be a monster.

Apparently Keller also turned in a 3.98 3-cone, which would place him as the 3rd best time from any position. I think this guy would be a steal as a wideout. However, according to articles and rumors here in the Midwest he's going to be the Bengal's 2nd rounder or possibly 3rd (if they think he'll drop that low).

It's Purdue, not P'doo, too. Why make fun of the college where arguably our best player hails from?

<a href="http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080308/SPORTS020101/803080340/1046/SPORTS020101" target="_blank">Dustin Keller worked out by Bengals at Pro Day.</a>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom