Adam Schefter: At least one international game for every team each season (1 Viewer)

I feel like our "international home" should be Paris.

Let's see if the NFL gets that right.
Don't count on it.
Probably will be playing in Mexico

You say that like it's a bad thing.

You ever been to Mexico City?
Yes, I lived there for a few months. The altitude is almost twice that of Denver! It takes 3 days to acclimate to that altitude. Even superb athletes have consistency issues.
We often trained at 10k & went immediately to large scale fighting at sea level. The oxygen uptake made you godlike!

The different bacteria in the water(even fresh fruit washed in it & ice cubes) & food is also a challenge.

I feel like our "international home" should be Paris.

Let's see if the NFL gets that right.

This is old, but seems potentially relevant to this thread...

The New Orleans Saints have been granted international marketing rights in France – the first NFL club to select and be awarded the French market – in what is also their first entry into the 'Global Markets Program.'

The National Football League has announced the growth of its 'Global Markets Program' for year two, with new clubs and new markets set to participate in 2023 following approval from the International Committee at the 2023 Spring Meeting in Minneapolis.

"We are excited to be awarded France as our NFL Global Market Program territory," Saints owner Gayle Benson said. "New Orleans and France have enjoyed a unique cultural connection for centuries and we are excited about working with the NFL and our partners in France to grow the game of American football. In addition to having the opportunity to market our team in France, we are looking forward to promoting our city and state and driving investment in local and regional businesses."

WHDPsep.jpeg

Don't count on it.
Probably will be playing in Mexico

That would be my preference. It's less of an adjustment. I would bet on Dallas getting that though. If they ever make them have an international home game. So far they haven't lost a home game to that.

What they don't state is that while every team will lose a home game to play overseas, one still has to pay for every home game back in the States. You think that season ticket holders will see the price drop due to one game being taken away? Not a chance. I bet we see ticket prices increase.

NASCAR did this on a smaller scale, domestically, and they have never recovered. They expanded, increased costs and eventually, lost fans. I could see the same happening here.

Oh, and the streaming services will increase in cost, the tickets will increase in cost, the NFL gear will increase in cost, etc, etc.......

We'll be paying more for less.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom