Adam Schefter: At least one international game for every team each season (1 Viewer)

I said this as soon as they went to 17 games. It's a no brainer. 8 home games, 8 away games, 1 international game. If they were being even smarter they would make THESE games the Wed/Thur games and put a bye before them. Then it evens out the schedule and makes it fair, gets way more international games going, AND ends the player unions complaints about short turnarounds on mid week games. It's too simple for highly paid people to think about, though.

I said this as soon as they went to 17 games. It's a no brainer. 8 home games, 8 away games, 1 international game. If they were being even smarter they would make THESE games the Wed/Thur games and put a bye before them. Then it evens out the schedule and makes it fair, gets way more international games going, AND ends the player unions complaints about short turnarounds on mid week games. It's too simple for highly paid people to think about, though.
And the Super Bowl gets pushed to President’s Day Weekend. Everyone gets off that Monday.
Everyone wins except the NBA All Star Game which usually falls on that weekend.

I said this in the other thread. The 17th game, as far as I understood, was going to be the international game slot so that teams do not lose their home game. I suspect the NFL will only play in locations where the game is already popular. ironically, the students that were most into the NFL were my students in Indonesia. I don't expect the NFL to play in Jakarta.

If we can't get Paris then Quebec or Nova Scotia would be good for the Cajun/Acadiana connection.
Paris would make the most sense, next would be Montreal. Nova Scotia (Acadia) has zero chance because their largest stadium holds about 10K people.

I hope Air France finally starts an MSY-CDG flight, there's demand for it and it would be packed with Saints Fans. There would maybe even be enough demand for a charter flight of it was a yearly event. Getting Live Crawfish through customs might be an issue.

I like this. Make it more equitable, prevents season ticket holders from being suddenly "robbed" of a home game, and present an opportunity for fun road trip every year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom