Alge Crumpler needs tobe brought into New Orleans looked at and made (1 Viewer)

It is not worth the investment in money. The guy is going to command 3 million a year, which is money that should be given to defensive free agents.

I'd take him in a second over any TE we have on this team. As far as check downs go?? Are you kidding me, have you ever seen Brees play QB, he checks down ALL the time. Why do you think reggie has so many catches. Then look at the horrid situation at QB, the past year I wouldn't expect too many guys to have great years with Harrington most of the season. Even when Vick's WR's were having trouble catching the ball I remember Crumpler was not one of those, he was often Vick's only reliable target...

The Falcons cut him because he is outspoken about not attempting to win this season and he is a cancer in that way IMO but to be honest losing destroys all teams eventually

Everyone calls him a cancer but provides no info... somebody please post an example of him being a cancer. I'm not calling anybody a liar... I'm just curious... :shurg:

I think they just like saying cancer

cancer cancer cancer

to all of the know it alls....please provide some evidence of him being a "cancer" before we start talkin about him like he is TO or something....the only thing i ever heard was that he was upset with the way Petrino was running things......and ummm...he obviously had valid reasoning....

he is a cancer...
and this is the umpteenth thread on this...

Where is your documentation on AC being a cancer? Please provide your documented proof, otherwise, it's not prudent to make statements like that about a player that you can't confirm.

Last edited:
"None contributed more than Crumpler, one of the team's most respected players and a leader in the locker room. He twice led the Falcons in receptions and had a streak of four straight Pro Bowl appearances from 2003-06." -- from the AP story.

Cancer?

I'm big on not bringing in bad character guys, but I don't see how anyone can say Crumpler is a cancer. Hes never been known as anything more then a big team leaders and one of the most respected people in the locker room. He never pops off, doesn't complain, and did his job even when the entire team was crumbling.

He is not known as a guy that can't catch. I have no idea where that came from. He drops two passes against us two years ago, big deal. He has good hands for a TE and is a great route runner.

Maybe he was born between June 22 and July 22 ???

#83 Alge Crumpler | TE

Full Name: Algernon Darius Crumpler
Born: December 23, 1977
Wilmington, NC
Height: 6-2
Weight: 262 lbs.
Pronounced: al-JEE Age: 30
piece of work: TE
Experience: 7 years
College: North Carolina
Drafted: Year:2001 Round:2 Pick:4, Falcons

Still wondering about the cancer thing. On another note, his mother must have liked Flowers for Algernon? Why else would she give him that name?

Can anybody provide real evidence of Alge Crumpler being a "cancer?"

I've never heard or read anything of the sort.

And I think it's just ludicrous that any Saint fan would uniquivically decline the possibility of at least bringing him in to compete for a position.

you guys are unbelievable. the guy is a four time pro bowler and one of the best TE's in our conference if not the entire NFL. As far as checkdowns from Vick, isn't that why Reggie has so many catches from Brees and why Drew's completion percentage is as high as it is? It's still another viable option at a position that we aren't really good at and haven't been since Wesley Walls left. Now as far as the locker room thing, I have heard nothing so i'm not sure which way that swings. As far as them getting rid of him, it was 5.6 million on the cap this year. I don't think any TE i worthAlso, the new regime is looking to start over and I think that's cool as long as the Atlanta Falcons lose and suffer perpetually for all time.

:9:

Gates and Gonzalez are about the only TEs that don't drop a decent amount of passes. EJ is one of the better recieving TEs and he drops a lot. To big of a deal is being made about that.

Plus, that drop against us in the home opener was just fate. No one could have beaten us that day....and all those drops with the Falcons could be seen as fate, too, as they are evil.

He's probably considered a cancer because he was a Falcon. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom