All Teddy Needs is a few games (2 Viewers)

I don’t mean to be negative but is this sustainable? We won by 6 with a defensive TD and a special teams TD. That being said I’ll take the W and worry about it next week.
I keep seeing this idea around here that without the defensive and special teams TDs we would have lost by two scores. That’s not how football works. The offense was bleeding the clock the whole fourth quarter. The defense was in prevent for the last 5 minutes. Anything could have happened without those TDs. Sean would have called a more aggressive game if we were down and Teddy could have thrown 5 TDs. Or 5 picks. We don’t know anything yet. He does seem careful with the ball and that’s at least a very good quality for a QB

The biggest issue with Teddy is the speed with which he makes decisions. I could see improvement there from last week, but he is not yet where we truly need him to be. That said, he played a good game and did nearly everything we asked him to do. Hopefully his decision-making process continues to accelerate with more game reps so for those moments where we'll need to ask more out of him, he'll be able to deliver.

I don’t mean to be negative but is this sustainable? We won by 6 with a defensive TD and a special teams TD. That being said I’ll take the W and worry about it next week.

It’s not. We’re going to have to get better on offense. Dallas isn’t going to let all those screen passes go next week.

With this coach and organization...and the talent already aquired ..I'm thinking more Dak Prescott.

I’d love for Teddy to be a Dak Prescott. He doesn’t look close right now.

Really? Kamara and the defense won this game.

Teddy did fine. He would have had even better stats had there been no drive killing penalties. Yes, he was spotted 13 points by defense and special teams, but he was effective. Sean Payton created a game plan that used his strengths and I'm sure he will do the same next week with a couple more wrinkles. Add to that they are playing at home, so the offense will actually be able to hear him call the plays.

...a few games and continued practices under his belt so he gets adjusted to the first stringers. Once they get a feel for each other this offense is going to really go. It's close.
well i dont go along with the "this offense is going to really go" but they should be average and semi efficient which combined with our defense continuing to improve should be enough.

i was much impressed with our defense today, every year its not until game 3 or 4 that they start playing well and it seems we are right on the verge of them clicking and being a shut down defense

Teddy did fine.
he did ok, just ok

He would have had even better stats had there been no drive killing penalties.
you mean like starting at the 30 and teddy calls for the snap before everyone is set 5 times in a row sending us back to the 5 yard line? those drive killing penalties that are 100% on teddy and no one else. on one play he audibles and while all 3 of the receivers were still moving to the new formation teddy called he snaps the ball

...a few games and continued practices under his belt so he gets adjusted to the first stringers. Once they get a feel for each other this offense is going to really go. It's close.
Looks like Teddy needs a 14 point swing on ST and A defensive TD.

he did ok, just ok

you mean like starting at the 30 and teddy calls for the snap before everyone is set 5 times in a row sending us back to the 5 yard line? those drive killing penalties that are 100% on teddy and no one else. on one play he audibles and while all 3 of the receivers were still moving to the new formation teddy called he snaps the ball
That penalty was on the rookie center. It was a silent count.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom