All Teddy Needs is a few games (2 Viewers)

he did ok, just ok

you mean like starting at the 30 and teddy calls for the snap before everyone is set 5 times in a row sending us back to the 5 yard line? those drive killing penalties that are 100% on teddy and no one else. on one play he audibles and while all 3 of the receivers were still moving to the new formation teddy called he snaps the ball
I guess the crowd noise from playing on the road in the rain didn't have anything to do with that also. I would have been the last one to defend TB, but considering all the other factors in this game, on the road, rain, first start in more than 3 years, ....dude did better than most on this board would have thought, me included. I was happily surprised.

I don’t mean to be negative but is this sustainable? We won by 6 with a defensive TD and a special teams TD. That being said I’ll take the W and worry about it next week.
That last sentence was very well said.

But actually, the game was not as close as the score. The Saints were playing the clock during the 4th qtr. and allowed a lot of center of the field plays to keep the clock running. They were successful in that the clock ran down and the Saints won. Some might call it garbage time scores.

It was as complete of a team game as we've seen for awhile.

Next week will be tough. But like Mackenzie, I'll take this win and worry about the Cowboys next week.

Team Teddy. He didn't lose the game today. I've seen great QBs melt down in that environment . I seen him steady his sea legs and make some plays.
Future QB?, heir apparen?t, whatever. We play on. Bring on drunk, molester, jerrah and his jones'. They are the ones who havent't been hit in the mouth this time around. They have to come see us .Let thunderdome rain down on them.

Teddy showed to be a quality starter, problem is he’s backing up one of the best qb’s ever and the most accurate qb ever that makes decisions faster than any qb ever.rd.
No, the problem is that he's not that good of an NFL QB, no matter who you compare him to.

No, the problem is that he's not that good of an NFL QB, no matter who you compare him to.

He was good enough to win. As long as he can be that more than not until Drew gets back, that should be what we’re all looking for.

Expecting anything else is your problem, not anyone else’s.

Teddy Bridgewater is our guy. He’s not Drew Brees, nor would anybody rational try to compare them.

TB did plenty enough to contribute to that Win today. Either support your Saints or don’t, but TB ain’t going nowhere this season. And I’ll take victories and don’t care if they are pretty.

Also, TB chose to be here. To fight his way back from one of the most gruesome injuries I can remember, to get himself in a position to Win an NFL game in Seattle today. That’s a mountain to climb. And you don’t do that with half-arsed dedication. That tells me all I need to know, kid is a competitor and a Winner.

That’s something I can get behind, and happy to root for on Sundays.

He executed the game plan...if Payton feels comfortable opening it up the way he calls plays I'm sure Bridgewater will be able to execute those plays...Payton had a good game plan to go into Seattle and come out with a win...our team is legit even though we lost Brees....because our backup is legit
Ding ding ding

Teddy Bridgewater is our guy. He’s not Drew Brees, nor would anybody rational try to compare them.

TB did plenty enough to contribute to that Win today. Either support your Saints or don’t, but TB ain’t going nowhere this season. And I’ll take victories and don’t care if they are pretty.

Also, TB chose to be here. To fight his way back from one of the most gruesome injuries I can remember, to get himself in a position to Win an NFL game in Seattle today. That’s a mountain to climb. And you don’t do that with half-arsed dedication. That tells me all I need to know, kid is a competitor and a Winner.

That’s something I can get behind, and happy to root for on Sundays.
Excellent post. You get a three dinger too.

I really hate to bash any one player especially after a win but what Teddy didn’t play well. He didn’t play horrible but he sure didn’t go out and instill confidence in anyone. We had two return TD’s, one rarely happens nevertheless two. Defense made some great stops and Kamara was a true game changer.

With out those Herculean efforts, a bad overthrow on a sure TD This game turns out much different. I hope Teddy continues to improve but what I saw tonight was a handful of overthrown balls, bad overall play management and a QB that is so unsure of himself he makes the rest of the offense doubt themselves at times. There were a handful of plays where other players seemed to line up in the wrong spot and looked confused of the play. I’m not sure what that is but that rarely happens in our offense. I saw a couple leaping grabs by Thomas and Kamara breaking unreal tackles to make the game progress. I’m honestly surprised they didn’t pick one off with the couple of bad overthrown balls he had.

I’m glad we won. I hope it continues but nothing I saw from Teddy makes me think it’ll get any better. In fact, I’d lean to say that the things that went our way today, fumbles, miscues, calls etc won’t happen weekly.

Again, I’m glad we won

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom