Allen better not mess around with naming Rattler QB#2 (7 Viewers)

Noisemaker

Loud for Our Team
Reaction score
Allen better not mess around with naming Rattler QB#2. He clearly outplayed Haener in 2 pre season games. In the post game press conference you could hear Allen already posturing for Jake to be #2. He said Haener took a big step forward the last week of practice and was not sure of the reasons it did not show up in the game. To me that is him creating reasons to hold Rattler down.

He better not do that because the majority of fans are very excited about Rattler and will be angry with Allen if he is made QB3. Also Rattler himself will feel shunned because he earned it. If you are a smart coach, I am making friends with this kid, because he is a future star and you don’t want him trying to find a way out of New Orleans later because he was not allowed to play.

DON’T SCREW THIS UP ALLEN!!!

O_RLY.jpg

Allen better not mess around with naming Rattler QB#2. He clearly outplayed Haener in 2 pre season games. In the post game press conference you could hear Allen already posturing for Jake to be #2. He said Haener took a big step forward the last week of practice and was not sure of the reasons it did not show up in the game. To me that is him creating reasons to hold Rattler down.

He better not do that because the majority of fans are very excited about Rattler and will be angry with Allen if he is made QB3. Also Rattler himself will feel shunned because he earned it. If you are a smart coach, I am making friends with this kid, because he is a future star and you don’t want him trying to find a way out of New Orleans later because he was not allowed to play.

DON’T SCREW THIS UP ALLEN!!!
The only reason he wouldn’t do is may want to spare his gold goose’s “Carr” feelings. If Rattler is the backup Carr may get in his feelings when everyone starts calling for Rattler.

I will never understand why this is such a big deal to fans. It's crazy! We have spent more time this off season discussing what Allen better do with the number 2 QB spot than anything else.

We are keeping both, it does not matter who gets the number 2 nod. If and when this bad OL gets Carr hurt, then we can worry about it. Rattler could be the number 3 and Carr get hurt in week 8, Rattler in those 8 weeks could make up the difference and then be the number 2. Rattler could be the number 2 and regress and be the 3.

I have given Allen hell over the last year, but this just seems like a lot of people looking for a reason to pile on. Spencer looks more like a NFL QB than Jake has yet in his career and Spencer certainly is more athletic with the ball in his hands which is valuable with a terrible OL like we have. So, I think he should be the number 2, but it isn't the end of the world regardless and unless Carr gets hurt or is just awful you would not see Spencer as a starter here until the season after next.

The only reason he wouldn’t do is may want to spare his gold goose’s “Carr” feelings. If Rattler is the backup Carr may get in his feelings when everyone starts calling for Rattler.

Or he doesn't want to put too much pressure on a rookie QB and wants to give him time to develop without all the expectations building around him. In the end, it doesn't really matter who the #2 QB is. Carr is going to start as long as he is healthy and if he's hurt for any length of time, the season is pretty much so over. I think Rattler is going to be very good, but he still needs time to develop.

That being said, I could see a situation where Haener is brought in after a Carr injury if you have the lead and Rattler might get the nod if they have a week to prepare or you are behind.

I really don’t get you guys. I have been a very knowledgeable Saints fan for a long time. Let’s keep this post saved so that we can pull it up in the future.

For what? To show that you made a weird threat against the head coach about who gets to be the backup QB at the start of the season?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom