Alshon Jeffery or Martellus Bennett? *PURE SPECULATION* (1 Viewer)

I'll just throw my guess onto the fire. I think it's Antonio Gates. End his career with Brees and opens up the TE spot in SD for Ladarius Green.

Of course Jeffery will want to get paid but we need a WR of his talent now. We got rid of Graham's contract and will soon have Colston off the books by the time we are paying Jeffrey. Brees will also most likely do a very cap friendly restructure making whatever we have to pay Jeffery very easy and not effect our cap in the future. If we want to try and win now we have to make some moves now that will cost $ instead of waiting on rookies to develop which by that time Brees is gone. Jeffrey will also be here for many years after Brees forming one of the best WR duos in the NFL with him and Cooks for the next decade. He is exactly what this offense needs. Jeffery will cost a draft pick but also allow us to not have to draft a WR in the 1st allowing us to go defense. We get a stud WR instantly. I think the Saints would be stupid to pass up on getting Jeffery if the price is right.

We need to forget about Jeffery. Of all of the players to let go during a roster rebuild, why would you get rid of your 25 year old stud WR?

After watching Bennett on Hard Knocks a few years ago - no thanks.

He was a rookie then. Why after watching him would you not want him? Because he had a coach riding his *** to make him a better player which he did. People can say he mite bring trouble but he hasn't shown to do that with the Bears on terrible teams. Bennett would bring an instant upgrade to this offense so it's time for people to get over that someone could potentially be a problem. We can't afford to be picky if we want to win. All teams weigh the risk/reward of players and we are not different with a huge need for the reward.

I haven't heard a single thing about Jeffrey or Bennett to the saints. Post ANYTHING to back up this post

I've been hearing a lot of things about the Saints potentially targeting either Alshon Jeffery or Bennett on the trade block. While Jeffery would be great and an immediate impact in the passing game, I think we only get to hold onto him for one year because he'll want a monster contract as a free agent next year. Bennett on the other hand, while old, could really help out at a position of need for a few years down the line and won't demand crazy money. Out of the two I think Bennett would be the smarter move. What do you all think?

no, no you haven't...

Jeffrey's contract will be equal to what he accomplishes the rest of the year with any team, right? What if he comes out and does nothing? Wouldn't he then be on the cheap for any team to get?

Ladarius Green is done. No way they let Gates go. 2 concussions in a 7 day span is pretty much it in terms of the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom