Andrus Peat signs with the Raiders (Merged) (2 Viewers)

Game film from last year - Penning in Red here....

vOEb2o.gif
Actually, that's Ramczyk against the Packers. In blue is the eligible tackle they rolled to his side.

Dadgummit Dennis Allen, letting all your Saints retreads sign with the team you last coached a full decade ago

One must wonder how much better his career could have been had he been allowed to play his natural position from the jump. He was a left tackle coming into the NFL, we moved him around because we had a left tackle. When he had the chance to play left tackle he excelled, so we drafted Trevor Penning to prevent that from happening again.

GENIUS!

Why not? Are you at practice? The coaches see more than we do. Just saying.

To be fair, the last time Saints' coaches saw Penning in practice, it was mostly different coaches and they benched him for the season. They haven't practiced yet this season. So, nobody really knows what we have in Penning. He might develop and I hope he does, but I don't think anybody really knows if Penning is ready or not.

One must wonder how much better his career could have been had he been allowed to play his natural position from the jump. He was a left tackle coming into the NFL, we moved him around because we had a left tackle. When he had the chance to play left tackle he excelled, so we drafted Trevor Penning to prevent that from happening again.

GENIUS!
Not many things on this board make me honestly LOL, but this did. Good stuff haha

Think penning is gonna surprise a lot of people next year.

I agree. Dude suffered a turf toe injury his rookie season and missed 11 games. In the last game, he suffered a LisFranc injury, which further sidelined him during the off season. Last season was basically his real rookie year and people were ready to slap the "bust" label on him. Some guys need at least a year or two before their talent really shines.

Best of luck. Hopefully he can stay heathy
That was Peat’s biggest issue injuries and (I use this term in a strictly relative matter because all of us behind the keyboards are cupcakes compared to even punters) being soft. Peat couldn’t play injured. You would see him flailing around on the turf and everyone in the crowd is thinking cart and this guy is going on IR only to find it was a hyper extended knee. Meanwhile you find out Terron Armstead is playing with a torn something and a broken something else. It’s a rough business.

When he was healthy he was a pro bowl caliber player and he did save our season last year. He was a solid rock on a suspect line and more than held his own. It might turn out he was ment to play left tackle. If the Raiders intend to play him there it wouldn’t shock me to see him in multi pro bowls or even become an all pro. He just needs to stay healthy.

That was Peat’s biggest issue injuries and (I use this term in a strictly relative matter because all of us behind the keyboards are cupcakes compared to even punters) being soft. Peat couldn’t play injured. You would see him flailing around on the turf and everyone in the crowd is thinking cart and this guy is going on IR only to find it was a hyper extended knee. Meanwhile you find out Terron Armstead is playing with a torn something and a broken something else. It’s a rough business.

When he was healthy he was a pro bowl caliber player and he did save our season last year. He was a solid rock on a suspect line and more than held his own. It might turn out he was ment to play left tackle. If the Raiders intend to play him there it wouldn’t shock me to see him in multi pro bowls or even become an all pro. He just needs to stay healthy.
I’ll never forget the game a couple years ago when someone rolled up one of his ankles and he came out of the game. A few minutes later he comes back into the game, lasts a couple plays, then comes back out with a triceps injury. It was vintage Peat.

And it’s not like he didn’t have legit injuries. It’s just that he had an almost supernatural knack for being hurt for multiple games every year. It was only a matter of how many games he would last.

I’ll never forget the game a couple years ago when someone rolled up one of his ankles and he came out of the game. A few minutes later he comes back into the game, lasts a couple plays, then comes back out with a triceps injury. It was vintage Peat.

And it’s not like he didn’t have legit injuries. It’s just that he had an almost supernatural knack for being hurt for multiple games every year. It was only a matter of how many games he would last.
And no matter what they were they always looked season ending

I get the point Sigler is making, BUT New Orleans has upgraded the OLC job and definitely upgraded the OC position, so we should give them some grace when it comes to guys they do/don’t bring in/bring back.

I’ll save my freak out until the OL is actually bad. I’m really optimistic some of the wide-zone runs and quick read passing will play to the personnel’s strengths and mask some weaknesses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom