Andrus Peat signs with the Raiders (Merged) (3 Viewers)

Everything happens for a reason.

Still on the bus that Penning will solidify RT. That doesn’t happen if Ramczyk doesn’t have his issues and it doesn’t happen if Peat is playing LT because Fuaga is definitely playing RT in that scenario.

Good luck to Peat

Or they offered more money. Loomis traditionally puts a number on what the team thinks a player is worth and doesn't budge. One of the few times they did budge was Peat's last contract when he was the only starting LG left in free agency and they had to pay him more than they wanted. I think Peat was a solid player, but that contract was too high for what he is. Maybe Loomis set a number for Peat and the Raiders beat it.
I can definitely see that, but I lived on the West Coast for 10 years and people from that region, tend to really miss it. Honestly, I’m from Louisiana, now live in NC, and I miss the West Coast, despite how expensive it is. It’s just different out there

I can definitely see that, but I lived on the West Coast for 10 years and people from that region, tend to really miss it. Honestly, I’m from Louisiana, now live in NC, and I miss the West Coast, despite how expensive it is. It’s just different out there

I can see the appeal of home for everyone. But I guess I just don't see Las Vegas as the "West Coast". It's certainly closer than New Orleans, but we are talking a couple hours difference by plane. But, I guess you can drive to LA, etc. pretty quickly form Las Vegas.

But FWIW, outside of the San Francisco area, I don't really get the draw of the West Coast. L.A. in particular is just not my vibe.

Raised in Vegas, beach houses in La Jolla, do not miss the west coast at all. Chalet on top of Mt. Charleston was lovely, other than that can't stand the west coast.

As far as I know, the Raiders never released his contract details, so we don't know how much he got, but it's safe to say it wasn't that much higher than what the Saints were offering, it's probably correct that he just wanted to be closer to home...

I can see the appeal of home for everyone. But I guess I just don't see Las Vegas as the "West Coast". It's certainly closer than New Orleans, but we are talking a couple hours difference by plane. But, I guess you can drive to LA, etc. pretty quickly form Las Vegas.

But FWIW, outside of the San Francisco area, I don't really get the draw of the West Coast. L.A. in particular is just not my vibe.

I spent 8 years of my 12 year stint in the Marines between Orange County and San Diego. If it wasn't the fact that it's insanely expensive, I'd be living there now.

I spent 8 years of my 12 year stint in the Marines between Orange County and San Diego. If it wasn't the fact that it's insanely expensive, I'd be living there now.

I get that many people like the area, it's just not for me. Then again, I'm not a beach guy. It's probably why I do like Northern California, but not so much Southern California.

Daughter lived in Carlsbad for awhile. It was beautiful, but getting there sucked.

And yes. Most normal people can’t afford it anymore.

That’s why I initially said “West”, not West Coast. I used to drive from Napa Valley to Vegas all the time to party. I never minded the length of the drive and flights were always cheap, if I wanted to go that route.

Yeah I’m not an LA type of person, I love Northern California (NorCal) more, but there a lot of other cities in SoCal that are pretty cool, and LA is cool in their own right……well, some parts of it anyway

In my opinion, Peat owes us money for A) being overpaid on last contract and B) all the money received while not playing while on IR. Goes to show that he has no loyalty for all that the franchise did for him over the years.
The only thing players are loyal to is the all mighty dollar. We can pretend they are loyal to a team or region but at the end of the day, it is the dollar that rules all. Conversely, a player is one injury away from being discarded from a team. It's a business, not a friendship. I don't like it either but when there is a ship load of money, loyalties fade.

Peat left because he was not wanted until they needed him. He was on the bench until injuries and poor play to the O-line pushed him to the front. If I was in Peat's shoes, I would have left as well. I get it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom