Andrus Peat signs with the Raiders (Merged) (4 Viewers)

I get that many people like the area, it's just not for me. Then again, I'm not a beach guy. It's probably why I do like Northern California, but not so much Southern California.
The thing about Southern California is.. where I am, I can drive 3ish hours one way and be in.. Beautiful Mountains/Snow Skiing, drive 3 hours the other way and be in Baja Desert, go another way.. world class beaches, 3 hours to Vegas, every concert you ever want to see every weekend etc, so many things to do/see. Definitely not just beaches.

I've lived in New Orleans for most of my life with small stints in Florida, South Carolina, Nashville, Chicago area.. it's definitely very expensive but. I can for sure see why folks from here want to come back. (especially if money is not a big obstacle)

Best thing is.. Been here a lil over a year and still can't get over how absolutely gorgeous the weather is 99% of the time.

In my opinion, Peat owes us money for A) being overpaid on last contract and B) all the money received while not playing while on IR. Goes to show that he has no loyalty for all that the franchise did for him over the years.
OMM he does! Yall keep that same energy for Penning. Hes good for getting injured or playing swing tackle when the starter gets hurt

In my opinion, Peat owes us money for A) being overpaid on last contract and B) all the money received while not playing while on IR. Goes to show that he has no loyalty for all that the franchise did for him over the years.
The Saints offered him a contract ( within the terms of the CBA and the salary cap). Both sides signed it. He don’t owe the Saints nuthin’.

I am glad we didn’t over pay to keep him. He was a serviceable player at best.

Loomis said they offered Peat a deal but at a certain price. He made it sound like he left for more money.

Good for him and good for us. I don't know if the fan base could take Peat being overpaid on a deal again.

Many posts here are misleading, including the OP. If he chose to take more money elsewhere, we all understand that. It’s a business. That’s not the same as choosing to leave for the same or less money, simply because you don’t want to be here. Too much speculation of the latter.

Everything happens for a reason.

Still on the bus that Penning will solidify RT. That doesn’t happen if Ramczyk doesn’t have his issues and it doesn’t happen if Peat is playing LT because Fuaga is definitely playing RT in that scenario.

Good luck to Peat

Is Sandra Bullock on that bus?

The offseason strikes again. Penning couldn’t get on the field over guys literally signed the week of games. And now he is going to solidify the RT position. There truly is no better hallucinogenic drug than the offseason.

Losing Peat hurts because if Penning doesn't work out our OL will be worse than last year. Which is why I feel we need to hold on to Latt.

Is Sandra Bullock on that bus?

The offseason strikes again. Penning couldn’t get on the field over guys literally signed the week of games. And now he is going to solidify the RT position. There truly is no better hallucinogenic drug than the offseason.
Lol there isn't a single GM in the league who doesn't feel good about the prospects of it's team during the off-season. I'm no different. when the bullets start flying during the season I'm sure I'll be far more cynical, for now hope is good. If that doesn't work for you cool, but don't chide me because it's not your steez, and I won't knock on your front door and complain about your pessimism.

Cool...cool

Now if you want to know how I'm coming to that conclusion or what insights/logic I'm using I'd be happy to detail it as it's based in more than just "off-season" optimism and a hit of speed.

Last edited:
Loomis said they offered Peat a deal but at a certain price. He made it sound like he left for more money.

Good for him and good for us. I don't know if the fan base could take Peat being overpaid on a deal again.
OTC finally has his contract details with the Raiders. Based on this I don't see how he got more from them than what Loomis offered. He simply wanted to play for another team this year.

Current Contract​

(SFA, signed 2024)​

(📝: indicates contract trigger occuring during that year)
YearAgeBase SalaryProrated Signing BonusPer Game Roster BonusOther BonusCap
Number
Cap %Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension
202431$1,210,000$450,000$340,000$250,000$2,230,0000.9%$450,000$1,780,000
Total$1,210,000$450,000$340,000$250,000$2,230,000

OTC finally has his contract details with the Raiders. Based on this I don't see how he got more from them than what Loomis offered. He simply wanted to play for another team this year.

Current Contract​

(SFA, signed 2024)​

(📝: indicates contract trigger occuring during that year)
YearAgeBase SalaryProrated Signing BonusPer Game Roster BonusOther BonusCap
Number
Cap %Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension
202431$1,210,000$450,000$340,000$250,000$2,230,0000.9%$450,000$1,780,000
Total$1,210,000$450,000$340,000$250,000$2,230,000

On top of that, he probably won't start... and maybe that's what he wants.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom