Another mass shooting in Jacksonville, FL (1 Viewer)

Florida again. First Pulse, then the school, now this, all within approx 2 years. Crazy and sad.

Drini Gjoka, who won the 2018 Madden Challenge, said on Twitter he was injured in the shooting in a series of posts on Twitter.

"The tourney just got shot up. Im leavinng [sic] and never coming back," Gjoka wrote.

"I am literally so lucky. The bullet hit my thumb," he posted. "Worst day of my life."

Drini Gjoka (@YoungDrini) | Twitter

Some people are apparently claiming the shooter was a player in the tournament who lost and flipped out. Could be BS, but who knows.

Either way, this society is broken.

Some people are apparently claiming the shooter was a player in the tournament who lost and flipped out. Could be BS, but who knows.

Either way, this society is broken.

We're living in the least violent time in human history. Gun crime overall is down 50% since 1993. I'm not saying that we should ignore violent crime, but to say society is broken is sensationalist.

We're living in the least violent time in human history. Gun crime overall is down 50% since 1993. I'm not saying that we should ignore violent crime, but to say society is broken is sensationalist.

Mass public shootings are not the sign of a healthy society. Overall violence rates are irrelevant when the violence is manifesting in the ways it is . But tell yourself whatever you need to to sleep at night. I don't care.

Mass public shootings are not the sign of a healthy society. Overall violence rates are irrelevant when the violence is manifesting in the ways it is . But tell yourself whatever you need to to sleep at night. I don't care.

a society in which every member is healthy seems like an unrealistic goal. The truth must lie somewhere between the extremes you and Razor are suggesting. We will never get rid of this but we must be trying to address mental health.

What I find really sad is that I see that 4 people were killed and my first thought was "well, that's not too many this time."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom