Any teams looking for a TE? (merged Zach Hilton released threads) (1 Viewer)

Zach's height in one way is actually hindering him greatly! Cause we know he can run routes and catch, his problem is his opponent is likely at ground level

I really thought he was waived by the Jets a couple of months ago!

if he was as good as most people seem to think, he would not get cut by 2 teams

The only two decisions that I've disagreed with are

1. Releasing Fred McAfee
2. Releasing Zach Hilton

Hey, I have never left... addictions die hard.... SR and NO are places I love...

hey tank how's it going. so without getting to deep why did the jets cut zach?

hey tank how's it going. so without getting to deep why did the jets cut zach?

The way I see it... The Jets have 2 quality TE's that, have been there longer and know the system better than Zach... Baker and Ryan have played very well....

The Jets also only dress 2 true TE's... the long snapper being the 3ed guy... they like to dress 2 Fullbacks, that contibute a lot on Special Teams ....

Zach was just there to insure against an injury to the top 2 guys... they needed an OLine slot... Zach was expendable...

That's life in the NFL...

Hopefully he will land in a decent situation... if not, he has to look to getting a decent shot somewhere in the off season...

There are a LOT of guys busting their butts to get a few slots in the NFL... that's the reality of the situation...

Tank,

Thanks for sharing the insight with us. We have no sense for life in the NFL and we are basically exposed to the life of the Superstars not the average Joe's. Zach was one of the few bright spots for the Saints last season, it would be nice to have him back. I'm confident he will find some place to make and impact. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom