Anyone follow [NewOrleans.football] Brooke on IG? (3 Viewers)

At times her commentary/opinions on the team would get cut off and dismissed by both guys. I don’t think they did it maliciously, but it wasn’t a good look and to her it probably felt like her opinion wasn’t valued.
it always seemed to me that she was preferring the 'host' role and soliciting/framing feedback from Nick & Mike and Nick was always 'encouraging' her to get her takes in too
but she was always more deliberate and careful in her approach and Nick seems to always want to push tempo (i swear there was a pod last week or so where he seemed to be 'on' something - just blazing through his commentary)

it always seemed to me that she was preferring the 'host' role and soliciting/framing feedback from Nick & Mike and Nick was always 'encouraging' her to get her takes in too
but she was always more deliberate and careful in her approach and Nick seems to always want to push tempo (i swear there was a pod last week or so where he seemed to be 'on' something - just blazing through his commentary)

Yeah, Brooke is a pro and very good at what she does, but I do think that Nick really likes to just riff on things and the format doesn't necessarily fit his or Mike's personality. Nick did seem to often ask her to comment on the questions she asked them and she often just begged off answering despite the fact that she always had good insights.

But, I don't know how they were going to keep her at NOF with her talent and resume. She was/is going to get an offer from a big market TV station or cable sports network sooner or later. Maybe that's what happened or maybe there was something that caused bad blood between them. Seems odd because they did seem to be friends up until now.

Last edited:
I think NOF was under the impression that Dennis Allen and Mickey care what they say so they started being super negative about the team. I agree that Brooke was the most professional of everyone.

I've never seen Nick or Mike be super negative. In fact, many accused them of carrying the teams' water until very recently. I think they both report what they know and give pretty even handed opinions. In fact, I think Nick often times goes out of his way to not be too negative and just tell us what is going on.

I thought she struggled knowing when to chime in and often interrupted in an untimely manner. That’s the only criticism I ever had. She brought good energy and rounded out the NOF team.

I think NOF was under the impression that Dennis Allen and Mickey care what they say so they started being super negative about the team. I agree that Brooke was the most professional of everyone.
I never thought that their commentary was in a negative tone. I've listened to pods that are a lot worse.

If you check her insta story she’s got something that talks about not feeling valued, respected and held back. I can’t help but think the Nick Underhill blew it.

Could have simply been about money.

“Not feeling valued” is generally code for “I feel I brought significantly more worth to the company and my cut should be higher.”

More than likely a money thing. She probably wants to be a sports director and I doubt Nick can float that kinda pay right now.
That’s what i was thinking as well.
She will get a good job somewhere. She’s already better than a large chunk of peers who have been in the business a lot longer than her. Best of luck to Brooke. She did a great job.

Also, they just moved-in to a new studio on Veterans. I imagine that isn't cheap. Maybe she objected to that, and thought they should pay staff more, rather than moving into a new studio? Or maybe when she asked for more money, Nick said he couldn't afford it due to the new studio expense? IDK.

Either way, I think the production has suffered with her gone. Also, the value-add of the pieces she did with Juwon and Demario, are things that Nick and Mike can't do. And, as far as I know, no other outlet is doing such in-depth pieces as well as those were done, so it kind of set NOF apart.

She probably knew her value, and is likely pursuing opportunities more aligned with her talent level. We'll still get the best analysis (IMO) with Nick and Mike; it just won't be as polished as it was before Brooke left.

If you check her insta story she’s got something that talks about not feeling valued, respected and held back. I can’t help but think the Nick Underhill blew it.
I respect nick as a beat reporter but he kinda rubs me the wrong sometimes tbh especially in the past year. I’m not afraid to say that I’m not a huge fan of the guy personality wise.

I hope Brooke finds a place she’s valued in all of this.

Also, they just moved-in to a new studio on Veterans. I imagine that isn't cheap. Maybe she objected to that, and thought they should pay staff more, rather than moving into a new studio? Or maybe when she asked for more money, Nick said he couldn't afford it due to the new studio expense? IDK.

Either way, I think the production has suffered with her gone. Also, the value-add of the pieces she did with Juwon and Demario, are things that Nick and Mike can't do. And, as far as I know, no other outlet is doing such in-depth pieces as well as those were done, so it kind of set NOF apart.

She probably knew her value, and is likely pursuing opportunities more aligned with her talent level. We'll still get the best analysis (IMO) with Nick and Mike; it just won't be as polished as it was before Brooke left.

As good and professional as Brooke was, I have to admit that I kind of missed the more unstructured stuff where more information came out and it was more of a conversation between Nick and Trip/Kevin. But, I get how if they want to grow NOF will need someone to bring the professional presenter feeling that Brooke had.

I remember at the end of the last show she was on she said “we’ll be in our new studios on Monday”, and if you look at Nick’s body language while she was talking he looked weird.
Just watched it and 💯 agree. He already knew she wouldn’t be a part of that, she seemed happy as heck at that point and sounded like all was well.

I respect nick as a beat reporter but he kinda rubs me the wrong sometimes tbh especially in the past year. I’m not afraid to say that I’m not a huge fan of the guy personality wise.

I hope Brooke finds a place she’s valued in all of this.
Same. I remember replying to some comment he made (on Twitter) last year, and he responded back very abrasive. All I commented was how DA wasn’t the right guy for the team, and shared stats, and he fired back with something about how it was too early to say that, and the stats I had provided didn’t mean anything. What’s more is his minions started piling on as well.

A year later I feel like I should have put my mortgage (and his business) on the line with that take. Here we are a year later knowing who we have in DA, and it didn’t take some of us but a few months to know which direction those foul winds were blowing.

Wow she really did leave.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom