Anyone Own This Saints Jacket? (See Inside) (1 Viewer)

Clarkey

32 Years and Counting...
Reaction score
Hey, Saints fans, there's a Saints Reebok winter jacket available online, at a number of different locations (see sample link below) and I was wondering if anyone here has one, has tried it on, or would suggest something else, etc.

Just looking for some feedback... Thanks!

Reebok New Orleans Saints Black/White Heavyweight Jacket
http://www.footballfanatics.com/NFL..._Orleans_Saints_BlackWhite_Heavyweight_Jacket

dninc

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Im in florida so a jacket is useless, however that long sleeve Shirt is perfect for when the temp drops at night.

kooldak

Retired
Administrator
Super Moderator
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on what you're looking for. They advertise it as a "Heavyweight" jacket, but IMHO it is not. More like a midweight.

I don't own one, but living up here in the mountains I own several real heavyweight jackets. Some giveaways that it might not be a real heavyweight jacket:

Price

Velcro closure on sleeve cuffs

Fleece Lining (only good for moderate temperatures)

Two front slash pockets (evidently unlined - a decent HW jacket will have lined exterior pockets for warming hands)

No mention of temperature ratings

No mention of kind of fill (guessing polyester)

The jacket might be a nice, inexpensive midweight jacket suitable for moderate temperatures. But if you're looking for a good, heavyweight jacket, this isn't it. At least, IMHO.

But I'd bet it would be a nice jacket to own down in S. La. :ezbill:

OP
Clarkey

Clarkey

32 Years and Counting...
Reaction score
Interesting points, kooldak. I just assumed the model I referenced above would be better suited for winter-like weather compared to some other Saints jacket -- here's the NFL's "midweight" version:

http://www.nflshop.com/product/inde...363.2508387&ab=OAS_NOS_Top1&parentPage=family

They're both the same price though, so... Who knows?

Basically, I'm looking to replace a Saints winter jacket (Pro Line by Apex One) I purchased roughly 12 years ago. I still have it, and love it... Over the years though, the looks I would get for wearing that "team" and the number of people who thought I was going to school in LA -- LOL!

Here's a photo of what my jacket looks like -- this sample is for the Cleveland Browns version. Simply imagine the state/Saints crest on the back/chest, replace the orange with our gold, and the brown sections with black:

Last edited:

kooldak

Retired
Administrator
Super Moderator
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Who knows? But I suspect that it would be at least as warm as the jacket you currently own. Maybe warmer.

Its just that to me, a heavyweight jacket can handle some real temperature extremes. I would not want to depend on that jacket to protect me when it gets really cold. But it is probably a decent jacket if the temperature is moderate. Say above 20 deg. F or so.

But again this is just my opinion and I have never worn the jacket in question.

It sure looks nice though.

Super

Hi Mileage
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I once saw a black jacket with a sole Fleur de le on the back, and a small "Saints" on the front pocket. It was advertised as a "ski" jacket. 2 pieces, shell, and fleese, and was like $300, maybe 4 hundred. I didn't get it last yr, and now I can't find it anywhere.
If anyone has seen it, or comes across it, please post it. I want it, especially after seeing that one. I don't know if I'd call it ugly, but not really my style.
I'm off to continue my search.

OP
Clarkey

Clarkey

32 Years and Counting...
Reaction score
Crap, this jacket is no longer available in medium or large over at footballfanatics.com. Another site (fansedge.com) no longer displays any sizes! Does anyone know of another place (online) where I could buy this jacket?

On a side note, just how popular -- in colder environments -- are the Saints? LOL!

NCSaint

I have the GIII Suede Saints jacket and it is awesome. Heavier than a middle weight but not bulky like a heavy weight. Gold sleeves and black body. It really stands out too.

zubaloo

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Hey, Saints fans, there's a Saints Reebok winter jacket available online, at a number of different locations (see sample link below) and I was wondering if anyone here has one, has tried it on, or would suggest something else, etc.

Just looking for some feedback... Thanks!

Reebok New Orleans Saints Black/White Heavyweight Jacket
http://www.footballfanatics.com/NFL..._Orleans_Saints_BlackWhite_Heavyweight_Jacket

i ordered this when the reebok coupon was listed and it arrived yesterday, just in time for some non-stop snow! it's nice, warm, and dry. i like it and think it's a fine replacement for your other one. at 40% off, it's even nicer! :)

OP
Clarkey

Clarkey

32 Years and Counting...
Reaction score
i ordered this when the reebok coupon was listed and it arrived yesterday, just in time for some non-stop snow! it's nice, warm, and dry. i like it and think it's a fine replacement for your other one. at 40% off, it's even nicer! :)
Cool! At least I now *know* of someone else who wanted this jacket. Any other comments up to this point? Just curious, but where do you live to wear this jacket and be comfortable with the weather?

Then again, perhaps it doesn't matter, as I'm still unable to find an online retailer with 'em in stock! Stupid 8-4 record... Hehe! :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
[Mod edit Speculation based on Unsubstantiated Source] Would it Surprise Anyone if we Traded Davenport after the Season? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 57
IsraeliSaintsFan Does anyone know how we covered Gronk? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 34
LonghornSaint Anyone grow carrots? Everything Else Board 13
Brad Mojo Anyone use google play music (now being shut down in favor of youtube music) Tech-Talk Board 2
Bleu Raeder Anyone looking for a fixer-upper in Houma? Everything Else Board 4
Anyone I can ask about real estate advice on this forum? (New Orleans location question) Everything Else Board 24
WATCH: Week 2 preview video, Saints and Raiders on Monday Night Football Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Alex Anzalone on Josh Jacobs, Saints Linebackers | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Tre'Quan Smith Talks Saints Offense, Week 2 prep | Saints at Raiders 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Jared Cook on Jon Gruden, Saints Offensive Depth | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette NFL Week 2: Cesar Ruiz upgraded on Saints-Raiders injury report SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Column: Don't be afraid, the Saints will still reign SR News Page Articles 0
Mike Tilleman, member of first New Orleans Saints team, dead at age 76 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders Friday injury report: Cesar Ruiz full Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Is this the best combined Saints defense/special teams/kicking units of all time? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
How Jared Cook led NFL in big-play efficiency with Saints; what more targets could show Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Saints' C/G Cesar Ruiz 'feeling a lot better' after ankle injury, still to work at center, guard Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The Edge: Assessing how New Orleans Saints, Las Vegas Raiders stack up for Week 2 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints injury report: Michael Thomas, Marcus Davenport continue to miss practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints rookie Ruiz likely to debut as starter against Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
If crowd was allowed, Saints fans would've dominated at Raiders home opener, forecast shows Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Cincy Saint Film breakdown - Saints defense takes away the middle from Brady and the Bucs Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Drew Brees, Saints a good bet in Las Vegas on Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No fans in Superdome for Week 3 vs. Packers, but Saints 'hopeful' to have fans for Chargers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Saints @ Raiders Game Preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton encouraged by Ruiz progress, Saints run defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Kicking game quality is ace in the hole for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints @ Raiders: Key matchups include Marshon Lattimore against the speedy Ruggs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC’s Fantasy Start/Sit: Saints vs. Raiders, what to do with Emmanuel Sanders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
mdharper MNF Raiders at Saints Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Saints social media reactions to Joe Burrow’s Thursday Night Football debut Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: Saints defense faces tough test in Josh Jacobs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints activate Washington off COVID reserve; Thomas DNP SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Thursday Injury Report: 2020 Week 2 at Las Vegas Raiders... Five New Orleans players listed in Thursday's report SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints starting receivers Thomas, Sanders miss practice SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints-Raiders Preview SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints prepared to forge ahead if Michael Thomas cannot play SR News Page Articles 0
Michael Thomas injury: Here's what Saints did on 13 snaps without star WR in Buccaneers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Is the Saints defensive line primed for a big 2020? 'We could be special' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints preparing for 'hard bubble' in Las Vegas, can't go 'roll some dice' due to coronavirus rules Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints At Raiders Thursday injury report: Michael Thomas misses practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints activate RB Dwayne Washington from reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Michael Thomas, Marcus Davenport miss practice; Sanders absence not injury related Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Thomas, Davenport out while Ruiz, Williams return to practice for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Week 2: Saints Injury Report with Thomas, Davenport Listed Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
Friends said 'Why the Saints? Nobody likes them!' But this Canadian became a Who Dat anyhow Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints legend Marques Colston announced as 2021 Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame inductee SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Broncos poach Saints practice squad LB Anthony Chickillo SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Defense at Raiders Offense Preview SR News Page Articles 0