At the Copa, Copa America ('24) (2 Viewers)

USSF should be ashamed of themselves. Look what a good manager can do. There's no way this Canadian team is better than the U.S. roster.

Uruguay has done a great job basically killing this penalty

There's an old adage in futbol: penalty kicks aren't blocked, they are missed.
For the life of me, I can't understand how a professional soccer player can miss a penalty kick. All the advantage is for the kicker. It's a very short distance, and a very big goal. You either kick it high, or very low, and you kick it hard, as simple as that.

I just got back to my hotel from the Brasil v Uruguay game. The experience was very fun. Uruguay has some very passionate fans. The game itself, well I’m sure most you saw it. Ref allowed both teams to get away with a lot of fouls which killed attacking football for the first 60 minutes or so. Lots of mis-hit crosses. Endrick was disappointing, went down way too easily. The red card made Uruguay extremely negative and Dorival Junior waited too long to go for the throat with subs and when he did the subs came on and decided to flop around. Overall I think Uruguay just about deserved it mainly because they actually seemed to have a plan. Still exciting to see live penalties but I don’t like the lack of extra time.

There's an old adage in futbol: penalty kicks aren't blocked, they are missed.
For the life of me, I can't understand how a professional soccer player can miss a penalty kick. All the advantage is for the kicker. It's a very short distance, and a very big goal. You either kick it high, or very low, and you kick it hard, as simple as that.

Alisson dove right for every penalty besides the last one. He seems to actually try to make a save rather than just guess, which works if the placement isn’t great but other than the one he saved Uruguay just took really good pens that were placed and power well. For Brasil Militao’s was textbook as a savable penalty and Luiz hit the post. Your keeper saving one is all you can ask for, 2 is damn near impossible if the other team knows what they’re doing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom