Backup QB (1 Viewer)

Morgan of FIU would be a good development QB. Probably could be gotten at88 and was a starter at BGSU.

this suggestion is highly unlikely but would if we were to give one of these young QBs that havent panned out early in there careers... A shot at backing up Brees for a year or two maybe they could learn something from Brees and Payton and maybe be a diamond in the rough... granted they would have to come cheap.... Mariota was kinda what I had in mind but he has already signed.... I dont like Winston but you think a year or two under payton he could become a solid QB?? Also wanted to say if Thill is our backup sure that means less playing time for him??
Trading up for a QB or drafting one this year thats not Tua or Burrow would be just a waste of a pick rather pick someone to help with our Super Bowl run now....

If CSP could get Winston's head on straight then he could be the ideal QB for his system. He has the arm.
I'm not a Winston fan, but I'd take him 10 out of 10 times over Newton.

I don't think Jameis would want to sign for back up money. His best bet is probably a 1 year prove it deal, but he may not have a choice in the matter.

I honestly don't think anyone will give him much $$$ in 2020. He's going to have to prove it and w/ Hill a hybrid QB that we risk getting injured and Brees a question for playing elite for an entire season we need something of a true quality backup.

Bringing in Winston as a backup and project QB for SP to resurrect could work out really well. A coached up/limited mistake Winston can be a really good QB. It would also be kinda awesome to see Winston lead the Saints and repeatedly beat Tampa Bay on a yearly basis after they gave up on him.

Last edited:
Whoever they bring in will basically be an emergency QB if both Drew and Taysom get hurt. Don't think Winston wants to be 3rd string.

I remember that in the past Payton thought well of Mike Glennon. He’s a FA now, and I think teams are finished overpaying for him.

Whoever they bring in will basically be an emergency QB if both Drew and Taysom get hurt. Don't think Winston wants to be 3rd string.
Nope Winston would be #2 if you want TH to continue as a joker. However, I'm not sure you can't unlearn being a gunslinger; Farve couldn't do it(I'm not saying Winston is Farve but he has the same "let it fly" mentality).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom