Baldinger on rookie minicamps: 'You know right away' if player is cut out for NFL (3 Viewers)

MikeyF

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not always....Marques Colston says hi, but perhaps an anomaly.
Colston was a beast in the Shrine game. I like to see players dominate at least at a lower level of competition. If you can’t do that…it’s not likely happening at the NFL level. The problem with our picks recently is that they’ve been raw, and then they get hurt as rookies. Then career over. It’s ok to take guys that are rough around the edges but you better hope they don’t get hurt. They simply can let afford setbacks. Olave got hurt his rookie season but his polish gave him a much higher floor.

Colston was a beast in the Shrine game. I like to see players dominate at least at a lower level of competition. If you can’t do that…it’s not likely happening at the NFL level. The problem with our picks recently is that they’ve been raw, and then they get hurt as rookies. Then career over. It’s ok to take guys that are rough around the edges but you better hope they don’t get hurt. They simply can let afford setbacks. Olave got hurt his rookie season but his polish gave him a much higher floor.
I think the Saints agree with you. This year their first 3 picks are high floor players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom