Bands named after states versus bands named after cities (1 Viewer)

Bands with state names or city names?

• Bands with state names duh!

• City names!

• Tacoes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Actually, there are 9 cities in the US named Kansas:

Kansas, VT, Kansas, TN, Kansas, OK, Kansas, OH, Kansas, KY, Kansas, IN, Kansas IL, Kansas, AR and Kansas, AL
And is there any chance that the band is named after any of those?

Alabama loses this contest for the bands named after states team. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and the Rolling Stones would have to change their names to states to balance out the crap that is Alabama.
you probably wear Matt Ryan underoos.

And is there any chance that the band is named after any of those?

No.

They’re named after the state. They’re from Topeka. I don’t understand why this is so complicated for people to accept.

I'm well aware of what/where they are named for.

I actually saw Kansas live, once (at least a portion of the original line-up) at the old Mudbug's music hall in Gretna. Guess it was early/mid 90's. They still sounded pretty good. I know the singer was not the original, but he sounded nearly identical.

I hope there’s not a member of Louisiana Leroux who is also an SRer and has had to wait til page 4 for a mention

Good call.

So on the ledger, so far we have:

States:
Kansas, Alabama, Alabama Shakes, Ohio Players, Louisiana Leroux, Black Oak Arkansas, the Kentucky Headhunters, North Mississippi All-Starts, FloRida, Florida-Georgia Line.

Cities:
Boston, Chicago, Nazareth, New York Dolls, Beruit, Berlin, Phoenix, Portishead

Orleans (France I guess)

Per wiki:

Orleans is an American pop rock band best known for its hits "Dance with Me" (No. 6 in 1975); "Still the One" (No. 5), from the album Waking and Dreaming (1976); and "Love Takes Time" (No. 11 in 1979). The group's name evolved from the music it was playing at the time of their formation, which was inspired by Louisiana artists such as Allen Toussaint and the Neville Brothers. Orleans was formed in Woodstock, New York in January 1972

i need a ruling on Buffalo Springfield

Band named after a steamroller. The company that made the Buffalo-Springfield steamroller had its name as a result of a merger between Kelly-Springfield (of Springfield, Ohio - and still operating today in the tire sector) and Buffalo Steam Roller company (of Buffalo, New York).

Both are cities so that part is easy. Technically, the band isn't named after the cities - it's named after a vehicle/device (product). I think the ruling is going to be no, not eligible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom