Ben Watson out per Kat Terrell (2 Viewers)

Damn. With this news and Kirkwood also ailing, I wish we would have brought back Marshall on Tuesday. After spending 5 weeks practicing with the team he would at least provide another big passing target, even if only for insurance for the event anyone else misses any amount of time in-game.

At least we still have Cam Cleeland.

Or Mr. Wendys himself, Dave Thomas, will step up this game.

Arnold is healthy. He's just been in Payton's doghouse for fumbling vs. DAL and bobbling a ball that got intercepted in Carolina and getting a TD knocked out of his hands vs. ATL. He's still raw.

I feel bad for Ben b/c he seems like such a stand-up guy, but he has not been a major part of our offense at all this year.

He's our 3rd leading receiver, and probably has the 2nd best hands on the team. He's pretty important. Hopefully Arnold has his stickum ready

Terrell needs her access to the team revoked for "breaking" this. Plus, it sounds inaccurate. Appendicitis can be treated without surgery as long as it hasn't ruptured, but divulging the guy's nonfootball personal health issues was unnecessary. Doing so before the Saints hve to announce he's out is just downright selfish on her part. It helps no one but the Rams in preparation. It certainly wasnt for fans benefit. It was a self serving move.

Oh yeah, the 30 minutes is going to be huge for the Rams...

Take her access away, she reports for the Bengals.

Unfortunate, but I’ve always maintained from the beginning of this year that this offense will need to be carried by Kamara, Ingram, and Thomas en route to the Super Bowl.

Everyone else is not too crucial to our success as long as they make plays when Drew looks to them. So Smith, Lewis, Hill, Arnold, maybe Kirkwood (he may be out too going by his practice availability this week) just need to step up when their number is called.

Terrell needs her access to the team revoked for "breaking" this. Plus, it sounds inaccurate. Appendicitis can be treated without surgery as long as it hasn't ruptured, but divulging the guy's nonfootball personal health issues was unnecessary. Doing so before the Saints hve to announce he's out is just downright selfish on her part. It helps no one but the Rams in preparation. It certainly wasnt for fans benefit. It was a self serving move.

Calm down. It was posted by her right around the time official team injury reports release, so the news was going to hit regardless. I think it's obvious that she has the trust of Ben Watson, as she just released a long piece about his journey through the NFL yesterday. She didn't break this news without his blessing.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orlean...ts-benjamin-watson-lasted-15-years-in-the-nfl

Hoping the antibiotics take care of it so we can get him back for the Super Bowl. Something tells me that appendectomy surgery would land him on IR. Typically you can return to "normal activities" within a week or two after the appendectomy but I don't think playing in the Super Bowl is "normal activities"

If we make it I bet he will be ready to go. I think I heard a bit ago he got a ring with the Pats but was injured. Hopefully we make it and he can play. If we do make it he would have 3 weeks off. With the 2 week gap in between this game this weekend and the Super Bowl. Hopefully last week wasn't his last game because this year is it for Ben.

He's our 3rd leading receiver, and probably has the 2nd best hands on the team. He's pretty important. Hopefully Arnold has his stickum ready

In the 2nd half of this season, Watson's production tailed off. His best games in the 2nd half & playoffs were 3 for 24 yards vs. TB and 2 for 29 in the season finale vs. CAR. Only 1 catch on 1 target vs. PHI. That production is replaceable.

If Watson is out, Arnold should be in. They also promoted Griffin last week, so that gives us three options at TE. Obviously two of them are still developmental, but Arnold has shown the ability to get open downfield, though he has to do a better job of securing the ball. If Griffin can help out with blocking assignments, there should be enough there for Payton to gameplan around, I would think. This would be a lot tougher blow if the team was having to replace 2015 Ben Watson production.

In the 2nd half of this season, Watson's production tailed off. His best games were 3 for 24 yards vs. TB and 2 for 29 in the season finale vs. CAR. Only 1 catch on 1 target vs. PHI. That production is replaceable.

I am bummed because it's Ben he is such a good person he deserves to end his career on the field win or lose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom